cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MOPZ without external connection to SAP

0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm running an upgrade to ECC6 EHP4 and it is asking for an XML file, even though I have the upgrade DVD packs at the SR1 release of EHP4.

Our Solution Manager system does not have an external connection to SAP due to security reasons so I can't create an XML file using Maintenance Optimizer.

Is there any way I can manually create a file to get the upgrade past this point?

Regards

Garry

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Garry,

This is not possible. You have to create xml file from MOPZ only.

Thanks

Sunny

0 Kudos

OK thanks, I was afraid of that.

Basically SAP are now saying that compaines cannot have their own security policies regarding external connections as far as Solution Manager is concerned.

This is going to be a big headache for us to get round.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member209604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Our Solution Manager system does not have an external connection to SAP due to security reasons so I can't create an XML file using Maintenance Optimizer.

> Is there any way I can manually create a file to get the upgrade past this point?

Hi Garry,

SAP has described a procedure using two SAP Solution Manager (SOLMAN I with connection to your systems, SOLMAN II with connection to SAP).

Data exchange of system data (SMSY) is done manually via download and upload.

Please find attached the documentation, which we will be soon published in SAP Support Portal.

Best regards,

Ruediger

P.S.: I will remove the attached document, as soon as it's accessible in SAP Support Portal.

Edited by: Ruediger Stoecker on Oct 1, 2009 2:23 PM

0 Kudos

I'm closing this as answered although my problem is still the same thanks to SAP's insistence on locking all future releases into SM.