cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMD - Message Server Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am in the process of setting up SMD in out landscape. I am through with installation and most of the configuration activities. But during execution of Setup wizard under managed system. When I select a Java system and click on Next i get the following error.

My Solution Manager is on EHP1 and managed systems are on 700 SP15.

An error occured while communicating with Message Server az18u021.honeywell.com:3601 through the instance az18u021/GJD/01[CI] (az18u021.honeywell.com) : Error to retrieve the process from Message Serv
er (detail: com.sap.bc.proj.jstartup.impl.JStartupClusterControlExceptionImpl: The message server did not respond within 60 sec. Please check if the message server is running and if the socket connect
ion has been established.); nested exception is:
com.sap.bc.proj.jstartup.impl.JStartupClusterControlExceptionImpl: The message server did not respond within 60 sec. Please check if the message server is running and if the socket connection has bee
n established.(cause=com.sap.bc.proj.jstartup.impl.JStartupClusterControlExceptionImpl The message server did not respond within 60 sec. Please check if the message server is running and if the socket
 connection has been established.)
Please check Message Server host/port.
Communication with Message Server is mandatory for setup of 7.10 systems.

I checked the Message server logs and it throws the following error.

[Thr  1] *** ERROR => MsSLoginClient: MS_JSTARTUP client JM_T1254300185920_az18u021 (ip address) is EXTERNAL, access denied [msxxserv_mt. 3743]

I found a note for this error (821875) which requires to change of parameter ms/monitor to value 1 which basically allows external connections to administer the Msg server and note also suggests to open a admin port from SMMS transaction. Also the ACL file has * value, which should give access to all hosts. I am still facing the same problem after applying the note.

If anyone has idea on this please let me know.

Regards

Anil Verma B

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Does anyone have information on this?

Regards

Anil Verma B

neeta_patel2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Did anyone find a solution to this? I am facing the same problem.

Thanks, Neeta

Former Member
0 Kudos

While using the Setup Wizard under "JAVA Connect Parameters" use the message server port 39<SCS_NO>. This should resolve the issue.

Regards

Anil Verma B