cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPGUI 7.10 BW 3.5 Add-on Analyzer Login Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts.

I am hoping that someone may have had the same problem and found a solution.

After installation of the SAP GUI 7.10 2 some of our BW users have reported problems running their queries from the BW3.5 BEX Browser and Analyzer. The application throws an error when trying to log in to our production BW system.

The error message displayed has the following text :

NiPGetServByName: '3200 /MinimizeSL' not found

WSATYPE_NOT_FOUND: The specified class was not found.

From what I have seen in forums, notes etc. this WSATYPE error seems to relate to the required port not being specified in the services file and the port number or alias is displayed in the error text.

In this case the correct ports are specified in the services file but the error text suggests that it is trying to use a port - '3200 /MinimizeSL'

I have also found that "/MinimizeSL" is a command line parameter used when launching the GUI from a short cut etc.

This suggests to me that maybe the command line being used to login to the BW system is not being parsed correctly to isolate the port number from the command line.

If the user logs into the system via the SAP GUI then launches Analyzer

from txn RRMX they can run their queries successfully.

We are using:

SAP GUI for Windows 7.10 patch level 13 with

SAP BW 3.5 Add-on patch level 6.

Windows XP Pro 2002 with SP 2

Logging in to a BW3.5 system on Netweaver04.

I have only found one forum mention that has the same problem which is for an earlier version of the GUI etc. dating from 2006 which wasn't answered.

Hopefully someone can help !

Thanks.

Alan Charlton

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please upgrade your patch level for BEx addon in your PC.

This might help you to resolve your issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately, as we are currently rolling out the GUI upgrade to our users and have frozen the patch level I can't make upgrades to the users PCs. As it seems to be a problem that only affects certain users it is difficult to recreate it on a different PC to test a patch update.

Have you encountered this issue yourself?

Alan Charlton.