cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application Server With Linux

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to create application server with linux suse and dabatase with hp-ux?

Please advice.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor

Yes, its possible.

Read SAP Note 531069 and 1067221

Regards

Juan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member

Hi ,

Yes it is posiible.Even we have landscape where CI+DB is running on HP-UX & application server is running on LINUX platform.

Thanks..

Mohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mohit, Thanks for respone

How do I know the directory / sapmnt / [SID] / global and / sapmnt / [SID] / profile?

Would need third party software?

Plase advice

Thanks,

Yusak

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is basic information... you need to mount /sapmnt/<SID>/global and profile on the application server...

as the CI is HP-UX and the DI will be Linux you'll have no issues mounting them as NFS

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Juan, thank's for anwering

Whether there is a problem with performance when using two different os?

If anyone had tried, please advice.

Thank's

Yusak

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no general problem - no. At the moment the linux application servers might be faster (higher cpu clock speed) than the HP hardware. And without knowing every detail of your installation nobody can tell.

If you for example only generate abap loads (SGEN) on the central instance on hp-ux, then your linux application servers won't be very fast

There is only one way to be sure your configuration works: test it.

Regards, Michael

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should experience no performance issues at all... as said before you might find your linux boxes faster but at the end of the day they're only as fast as the DB can serve them.

I run a similar scenario with AIX and Linux and it works great.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all thank you for assistants

I finally managed to install the application server with Linux Suse 10 and the database server HP-UX.

It's going well.

Edited by: Yusak_S on Oct 26, 2009 3:05 AM

Edited by: Yusak_S on Oct 26, 2009 3:06 AM