cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Express Document "Update Was Terminated" Received from author MMUSER

Former Member

Dear Experts,

System is issuing message Express Document "Update Was Terminated" Received from author MMUSER.

at the Purchase Order release, Transaction Code ME29N, it allow to Release for the codes and saves the changes.

After Coming out of the transaction it issues the above mentioned message.

Please guide me on the issue as early as possible.

Thanks in Advance !

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor

investigate the background for the termination in transaction SM13

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for immediate reply,

Can you please explain in brief how to check out the reason behind document termination in sm13?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When I run SM13 then I first get the overview of update records, which gives me user, date, time, tcode and status.

Then I double click the one that I want to analyze.

SAp gives me the update modules. and highlighted in red the one with the error.

Double clicking this one again, I may get an error like 00 671: ABAP/4 processor: SAPSQL_ARRAY_INSERT_DUPREC

From here I can either go into the program to see at which coding line the error ocured, or I go into the dump to get some more info.

Or I close the pop-up with the error. Beeing back and the update modules, I select again the module in red and click button next to the flash button to display update data.

Sap gives me some lines. Double clicking the line I can see the details of the record to be written.

From here I can take the number SAP wanted to insert and can lookup the table and check whether this number already exists.

And if it exists, then you have to analyze why it exists already, or why SAP tries to insert instead of update........maybe user entry error, maybe SAP bug, maybe bug caused by a userexit ........plenty of options and reasons.

Former Member
0 Kudos

gr8

mohsinabbasi007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

thankz i resolve my issue by going through this.

Best Regards

Mohsin abbasi

0 Kudos

I am having the same issue. Could you please explain the solution clearly

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It occurs due to the Duplicate record is getting created with the same document number, which was already exists in the database.

As mentioned above it normally occurs if u reset the number range. Please check the number range settings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This will occur if you have reset the number ranges for documents. Pls check

Thanks

Prasada

raghavendra_praveen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You can click on error description (inbox). Sometimes it may be because of printer attributes (printer is not physically connected/ to user and print takes place immediately on releasing the purchase order). Check the messages tab in ME22n and change the option to 3 (send with periodic ....) and try once.

Thanks

former_member187651
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Raghavendra, My problem got solved with your reply. sometimes small issues incorporates lots of problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

saigopal_abap
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Mr. Raghavendra,

Your solution helped me alot.