cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating contract in backend (ECC system) through SRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I created a shopping cart without assigning a source of supply in SRM (logged in as enduser) and hence this shopping cart went to the purchaser's worklist. The purchaser created an RFX bid , to which the supplier responded and then this was accepted by the purchaser.

After accepting this response the purchaser is able to create a Purchase order out of it in the backend (ECC) but not a contract for the same. Why this anomalous behaviour? Kindly help.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajani,

assume you only configured the PO as follow on document from RfX. Complete the config by defining the contract as follow on document for the specific RFx doc type. When the Rfx is finished then you are able to select with document should be created.

Cheers,

Claudia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Claudia,

I have already made that setting u are talking about. I even get a message in SRM saying "Contract 400000091" created, but no such contract exists in the backend(ECC).

Why is this happening?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

sounds for me, that SRM creates a local contract within SRM. Check contract transaction in SRM for the contract.

In order to get a backend contract you need to implement BADI BBP_DETERMINE_LOGSYS.

Cheers,

Claudia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Thanks again Claudia,

We have implemented this BADI that u mentioned. We just have to mention the logical system in that BADI right? (CV_LOGSYS = 'ECDCLNT100'.) Is there anything else we need to write in this BADI?

Thnks for ur response.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you check the SRM contract transaction for the contract? Is the contract there?

Let me know the doc type and customizations you done to get the contract posted in ECC.

If not, the contract might be stuck. What are the IDoc Messages within ECC?

Cheers,

Claudia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Claudia,

This is Nikhil here from Rajani's team. We have implemented Transaction type as PCTR. Also no IDOC's are generated in ECC(backend).

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check if IDocs BLAORD and COND_A are maintained as inbound parameters in backend system..

Thanks,

Jagadish

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

adding to jagdish,

Learn that you are in classic

do you have number ranges in ECC for pctr.

both system no range must be equal.

hope you must get an error in rz20 for that contract . what is the error message

br

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

@ Jagadish & Muthu,

Thanks for ur reply.

After the shopping cart appears in the purchaser's worklist i am able to create a contract out of it directly after assigning a source of supply. But if i carry out an RFX and then accept bid from suppliers and then try creating a contract after accepting the supplier's bid then i am unable to create a contract. Why is this happening?

Regards,

Nikhil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Jagadish & Muthu

BLAORD and COND_A are maintained as inbound parameters in backend system..

Also number ranges are maintained.

That is why i am able to create a contract directly but unable to do so if i create contract after creating an RFX & then accepting the supplier bid.

Thanks,

Nikhil

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you tried via sourcing create contract .

i believe some techical intricacy via bid create contract.

are you in classic.

br

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu!

Thanks for getting back. Yes i have tried creating contract via sourcing cockpit. Yes i am working in classic. I am able to create a contract directly as i said but not if i create an rfx and follow it up with accepting the bid and then creating a contract.

Thanks,

Nikhil

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Request SAP for further help. Definetly they will help you.

Double check in your bid invitation transaction type control data

you have option for PO as well Contract. Did you flag contract?

even in extended classic, vid bidinvitation, the contract created with held status and again you have to process the contract with full data.

br

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You say, that you get the message "Contract 400000091" created.

Please check the Contract Transaction in SRM. Out of an RFX only an incomplete contract is created, as not all fields are transfered. Therefore the contract document is created in SRM ready to be completed.

Do you find the contract 400000091 in status "held" within SRM?

Cheers,

Claudia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claudia,

I tried creating a contract after creating an rfx & then accepting the rfx response. I then checked in BBP_PD , where it shows that transfer to backend system failed , thus no contract is being created & transferred to the backend. Pl let me know what could be the possible reasons?

Thanks

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nikhil,

do you find the contract 400000091 in status "held" within SRM?

Please confirm.

Cheers,

Claudia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Claudia,

No the contract is not in the held status. In BBP_PD it shows an error saying transfer to backend failed.

Regards,

Nikhil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

did you debug your system so far? Which Badis did you implement for the Contract Scenario?

In order to post a contract in the Backend System from RFx, you need to implement both following Badis:

- BBP_DETERMINE_LOGSYS

- BBP_CTR_BE_CREATE

Normally the system first calls the Badi BBP_DETERMINE_LOGSYS and sets parameter CV_LOGSYS. Via that Badi the Badi BADI BBP_CTR_BE_CREATE is called. With the setting of the export parameter in the second BADI, the system calls the BBPV_CONTRACT_CREATE in backend R/3 and creates the contract.

Cheers,

Claudia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claudia,

Sorry for the late reply. We have implemented what u asked us to. still no progress. Kindly help.

Thanks

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem still persists.Closing the thread.