Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

How do I map a drive for file adapter

I am using a File adapter in XI, and would like to read files from a different server.

In the file adapter, there is no place for a username/password, so I need to map a drive first, then use the drive letter in the file adapter.

eg Source Directory = G:\FTP-Data\sapgms\GMSToXI

On the source server (call it DATASERVER), there is a local user created with rights to the appropriate data directory.

I can logon to the XI server as the XI user (eg xidadm) and map a drive, entering username of DATASERVER\username, put in password, and marking as "Reconnect at logon"

The problem is that when logging back in, the system prompts for the password. This is no good for the XI application service.

A NET USE command in the startup directory works when I log on myself (eg net use Z:
dataserver1\CorpData /USER:dataserver1\xid_user password1) , but still does not make the drive available for the XI application.

The XI user (eg xidadm) is local to the XI server, so cannot be given access on the data server.

I have been using FTP successfully, but have suddenly found that the administrators do not want FTP running on the production data server...

So my question is:

is there any place I can map a drive with a specified username/password, and make that drive available to the file adapter in XI?

Thanks

Michael

Message was edited by: Michael Inglis

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question