cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I map a drive for file adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using a File adapter in XI, and would like to read files from a different server.

In the file adapter, there is no place for a username/password, so I need to map a drive first, then use the drive letter in the file adapter.

eg Source Directory = G:\FTP-Data\sapgms\GMSToXI

On the source server (call it DATASERVER), there is a local user created with rights to the appropriate data directory.

I can logon to the XI server as the XI user (eg xidadm) and map a drive, entering username of DATASERVER\username, put in password, and marking as "Reconnect at logon"

The problem is that when logging back in, the system prompts for the password. This is no good for the XI application service.

A NET USE command in the startup directory works when I log on myself (eg net use Z:
dataserver1\CorpData /USER:dataserver1\xid_user password1) , but still does not make the drive available for the XI application.

The XI user (eg xidadm) is local to the XI server, so cannot be given access on the data server.

I have been using FTP successfully, but have suddenly found that the administrators do not want FTP running on the production data server...

So my question is:

is there any place I can map a drive with a specified username/password, and make that drive available to the file adapter in XI?

Thanks

Michael

Message was edited by: Michael Inglis

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,Michael

Can you describe your troubles in short word?

Give your the this thread:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/14/80243b4a66ae0ce10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Best Wishes

Amanda

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I finally found a thread which pointed me in the right direction.

The trick is to create a user called SAPService<SID> on the other server (eg SAPServiceXID). It must have the same password as the SAPService<SID> user which already exists on the XI server.

Share the folder where the data is, giving permissions to the SAPService<sid> user.

In the file adapter, enter the full NFS path for the Source Directory ie
servername\sharename\path.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

do I have to enter the target directory in the CC like this:

begfp1\limsdata\Z:\LIRAS\DEV150-WORKLIST

begfp1 = server

limsdata = share (without $?)

path = Z:\LIRAS\DEV150-WORKLIST (path on my XI machine)

Do I have to create an entry for this in trx AL11 ?

Thx for your reply!

Greetings,

Wouter Dhaenens.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've tried everything already but my map share won't work!

Now this is my final attempt:

//begfp1/limsdata$/LIRAS/DEV150-WORKLIST

But the files areen't posted in the dir on the shared drive and when I look in VA this is the error:

<i>File processing failed: Target directory '//begfp1/limsdata$/LIRAS/DEV150-WORKLIST' does not exist and cannot be created</i>

Anyone an idea?!

TIA!

Greets,

Wouter

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Make sure to mark "Create target directory" checkbox on File Receiver adapter.

Also, when sharing the folder in the target machine, give write and create folder permissions.

Regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The checkbox is marked and I have write and create permissions..on my XI machine I can go to the shared driver and create manually files and folders...so it looks like the permissions are OK and the share is also OK.

I have also a user SAPServiceXID created on my Windows server with the same password as on XI. Is there something I've forgotten?

Thx for your reply Henrique!

Greets,

Wouter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you tried using a map network drive on your XI server itself, like this:

Z:\LIRAS\DEV150-WORKLIST

Let me know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another option is to use FTP as the transport protocol.

Install a simple FTP server, there are many available.

This would give an option of username / password.

Works like a charm!

Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have tried the Z:\LIRAS\DEV150-WORKLIST possibility but it also doesn't work. And we can not work with FTP server so we have to configure it with a shared drive.

Anybody has got a tip for the solution of my problem?

Thx in advance!

Wouter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there anyone who has experience with sharing file drives?

Would realy appreciate it if someone could help me out, I'm stuck for more than a week now... :s

Greets,

Wouter.

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

your XI windows user should have access to that folder, not only your personal user.

And make sure to use \ instead of /.

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

We are trying to configure similar scenario using Sender File (NFS) adapter from SAP server directory to XI.

We have done the following steps:

1) Map the SAP drive (
SERVER\interface\ACH) <b>in XI system</b> windows explorer. It created an entry "Ach on SERVER\interface" and I can see all files in SAP directory from XI.

2) Created SAPServiceXID user <b>in SAP system</b> with the same password as in XI.

We tried all source directory names, but in Adapter Monitoring we still get error saying that Directory doesn't exist.

What is the sharename in the directory you mentioned?? (In
servername\sharename\path)

In our SAP system (SERVER) files are under following directory d:\interface\ACH and in XI we mapped it under G drive which shows as "Ach on SERVER\interface"

Are we missing anything here??

Hi Wouter,

Did you guys make this thing work?? We are having the same problem. If you figured it out..please let me know.

Thank You,

Indrasena Janga

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It works now.

Thank You,

Indrasena Janga