cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

missing definition for block storage control

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

we have created a Warehouse and using Bulk Storage type, however while creating Transfer Order i have a error message "missing definition for block storage control". please advice me on this error message.

Thank you

Regards

Samuel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi Nagesh,

I have a Storage Type defined as Bulk Storage Type. and i have only one section in this Storage type and using GB Storage unit type and using bin type B1 and also have created bin with the same Storage type, Storage section and Bin type. and alos i have checke the omm4 settings ,, i have a bulk storage indicator which i am using in material master also. but still i have the error mesage while creating Transfer Order ,, its says there is no bin in the Storage Type,,, then i manually give the Storage section and the bin number and then it gies the error message "Missing definitions for block storage control".... "Certain information on block storage control is missing in your system definition. There is no definition for the sectioning of the storage bins in block storage according to storage bin type, storage unit type and block code."

Kindly advice, ur help will be appreciated.

Regards,

Samuel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In OMM4, Define "Block structure", Maintain entry like this:

Whse No, St. type, B1, GB, bulk storage indicator, stacks, stack height, No. SUs

No. of SUs = stacks * stack height

Example: 001 004 B1 GB BL 8 4 32

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new please tell me what to check in OMM4...

Regards,

Samuel

Former Member
0 Kudos

First you just put an entry there with your warehouse number & storage type. Other controls are not required generally.

If you want partial qty placement in bins, you can check "partial qty mgmt".

If you want to combine different items into single TO, you can check "Combined Placement ".

If you want to block the row (storage bin) when the first transfer is made, you can check "Blocked for putaway".

If you want to keep track of the total quant count when storage unit management is active in WM, you can give 1 or 2.

Also ensure that you have defined

- Bulk storage Indicator for your warehouse in OMM4.

- Block structure for your warehouse in OMM4 for a combination of Bulk storage Indicator, SUT & Storage bin type.

Nagesh

Edited by: Nageshwar Rao on Oct 1, 2009 6:46 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to OMM4. Define "Storage Type Control"

Nagesh