cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple FTP Sessions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have an idoc to file scenario where I am sending encrpted files to a paticulat FTP Location through file adapter.

Now Receiver party is complaining that they are getting files through multiple FTP sessions which is causing problem at their end.

Any hint what could be the reason??

Regards,

Nidhi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member183906
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We too faced the same case.

In FTP sender adapter , Select the Connect Mode as "Permanently".

Best Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My Connect Mode is selected as permanently only.It was working fine fron last 4 months its just been 20 days I am facing this problem.

Thanks nad Regards,

Nidhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please help.

Regards,

Nidhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

please guide me as The Receiver side is complaining that their are multiple FTP Sessions trying to write the files at the same time

because of which they are getting Some files as blank.

Regards,

Nidhi

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nidhi,

check these notes, if you are missing some patch then apply the same

Note 1329724 - FTP connection remains open when OOM error occurs

Note 889410 - XI 3.0 FTP Adapter: Stream / Socket already closed

Note 1076905 - Problems with FTP connection close

Regards

suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

Can you plaese tell me that when file adapter write file to FTP it uses one session ot it write this through multiple sessions?

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nidhi,

Generally if you have used this the Connect Mode as "Permanently", then it will be connected permanently and files are written in a single session.

Do you have a cluster environment where two or three adapters in cluster are trying to write the same file. Then they will be opening multiple session and hence you might be getting this problem

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

No I have one FTP Receiver channel only and Have one NFS Receiver to write files to PI archive.

If This is the case then do u have ne idea that If Pi send a files with some data how it reaches blank to bank??

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nidhi,

Might be some bug:

Try to check these notes:

Note 1329724 - FTP connection remains open when OOM error occurs

Note 889410 - XI 3.0 FTP Adapter: Stream / Socket already closed

Note 1076905 - Problems with FTP connection close

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can somebody please explain me the working of file adapter....

If my connect mode is permanent then also does it send files through multiple sessions or just one session...????

Please help...

Regards,

nidhi

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Now Receiver party is complaining that they are getting files through multiple FTP sessions which is causing problem at 
their end.

Check if the Connect Mode in your Receiver FTP CC is causing any problem.

Refer: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/EN/44/69d7cfa4b633eae10000000a1553f6/content.htm

From above link:
11.      Select the Connect Mode.
u25CB       If you select Permanently, an existing connection to the FTP server is used. The connection is reestablished automatically if 
it is closed by the server.
u25CB       If you select Per File Transfer, a new connection to the FTP server is established for each file transfer.

Regards,

Abhishek.