cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Infotype record create, edit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can anybody tell me the steps involved in creating, editing employee;'s own infotype records through WD ABAP view.

I have infotype (IT0057) record which need to be displayed, create, edit. We are also supposed to attach a custom workflow template with this application so that whenever employee updates, creates his own record - a workflow item will be triggered and sent to concern person for approval.

We have designed the customer workflow template for the same. Please tell me the steps to display, create, update infotype record through WD View.

Regards,

Anil Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you checked any WD component exists for this Infotype.

Or

Do you want to create it from scratch.

Or

If you are using Portal then you can create an Transactional Iview where you can give the Infotype transaction.

Regards,

Lekha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lekha,

There is no standard component WD ABAP or Java exists.

We do not want to create even transaction iview for this requirement as this is an HR master data and can access other employee;s infotype records. Even we need to attach a workflow template for the same.

Appreciate your valuable inputs in advance.

Regards,

Anil Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Then you need to design the application right.

First find out the relevant BAPIs to update/save this Data. Using these BAPIs you can design the application.

One thing, if you want the similar layout (sap gui screens) then the same way the application has to be designed inthe

Webdynpro.

Regards,

Lekha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lekha,

Thanks for your inputs. There is a FM "HR_INFOTYPE_OPERATION" in HR which can be utilized for various infotype operations. We do not want to replicate the same GUI of PA30 in WD ABAP view.

Just a table which should shows the records (if exist), and EDIT, ADD, DELETE buttons on the same view. If a record exist, employee should select the same and click on EDIT button subsquent view (outbound plug) with the record fields should be displayed and allowed to EDIT, save.

And same approach to ADD, DELETE functionalities. Please share your experiences

Regards,

Anil Kumar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can make use of the Service Call and can start designing your application.

If you use the ALV then you can have some standard buttons for Append, Delete Row. edit you need to add. check them out the

functionality.

Refer these links -

SAP List Viewer in Web Dynpro - Simple Example for Using ALV

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/3133474a-0801-0010-d692-81827814a5a1&override...

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/3133474a-0801-0010-d692-81827814a5a1&override...

BAPI - http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/9cb5d345-0801-0010-6a8e-fc57c23fd600&override...

You can refer this main link -

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/WDABAP/ReferencesandLinks

Regards,

Lekha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lekha,

I have gone through documents about populating the data using ALV tables. But, not getting an idea in how to proceed with.

I am using a scearnario as 3 step procedure (View1 - Display, View2 - enter/edit/delete, View 3 - Confirm/Saved).

In addition, View 1 will also have a table listing the infotype record and EDIT, DELETE, ADD buttons. Whenever employee clicks on any of the buttons, it should display the infotype fields and prompt for respective operations in View 2 and then click on Save. Please shade some light regarding the same.

Regards,

Anil Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to perform some additional logic on these buttons then the standard buttons on the ALV cannot be used.

You need to have your own buttons and provide coding or you can also use the Normal TABLE UI element.

At first i'm explaining the process for TABLE UI element.

First,

Design the context node in the component controller for that table of contents with the apt columns.

Map this node to the view1.

Now, In the view1,

Create the TABLE UI element and using CREATE BINDING option bind it to this node, while doing this

select the apt type of UI element for each column( I mean if there are any columns for Inputfield/drodpdown etc).

and also you can design the buttons ADD, EDIT,DELETE and implement the actions.

After designing this, try to display the data by reading that infottype and fill the context node by using

the BIND_TABLE of if_wd_context_node.

By default for the table, one row is selected(lead selection). If you want mutltiple ones then use the option

Leadselection(Multi).

The BAPI you specified is for the save/update the infotype.

Now you can start of with this information...Once this is done I can help you out..for further process.

Regards,

Lekha.