cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trasport Complete Track to another JDI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have done development in our companies JDI and created a Track for one of our projects. Now we want to transport the same Track in our customer's JDI so that customer can do the source code modification themselves in future.

Please let me know the steps to do the same.

Regards,

Shubham

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Shubham,

I dont know the complete process but i am refering to way SAP supplies the source code for ESS and MSS.

I feel you will require the SCA file and you will also have to export the product and software component from SLD. Why i stress on export rather than creating the same in target SLD is because i feel the GUID associated with each SLD object should be same. If you create then the GUID is definitely going to be different. This may cause some problems. However i am not sure about that.

Then steps would be

1. Import the product and SC in target SLD.

2. Create a track. In the mention the above SC for dev.

3. Checkin the SCA.

Now modifications to objects can be done.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Sidharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sidharth,

Yes I understand the process. But the question is how to build/get the 'sca' file?

Regards,

Shubham

Former Member
0 Kudos

The SCA file is built when going through the Assembly stage of a track and ends up on the filesystem of the NWDI server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pascal,

Yes I found out that. One more question.

Every time we assemble some new activities, the SCA file we get has the complete source or only the delta?

If its only the delta, how can I build a sca file with a complete source.

Regards,

Shubham

0 Kudos

Hi Shubham,

The sca file will have the complete source.

Regards

Sidharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shubham

Use this note <b>790922</b> : <i>Relocating the JDI to a new JDI server</i>

Regards

Pran

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

GOOD

GO THROUGH THESE LINKS

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/e1/69a740aa053a13e10000000a155106/content.htm

https://weblogs.sdn.sap.com/pub/wlg/2874?page=last&x-maxdepth=0 [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

THANKS

MRUTYUN

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a similar problem, I moved from the files from one JDI to a new 2004s system. I also copied all the files from the old CMS\archives directory to the new CMS\inbox. I created the propagtion list, exported it and copied it to the new system. There I imported and integrated it successfully. In the DTR (browser view) I can see my files. In the CMS I just can import the SAP files (JEE, BUILDT and JTECHS) but I don't see my sources... what's wrong (I have configured the domain and created a track)?

Regards, Nils.