cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding SLD to the existing system landscape

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Our landscape currently runs with only 1 SLD on the solution manager. We are planning add 2 more SLD to the system landscape so that we will have:

- 1 SLD running in PI QA system for the development environment

- 1 SLD running in PI production system for the production environment

- 1 existing SLD for solution manager itself.

From the reading I've done so far, I believe there are no installation I need to do. Instead, I will need to follow the 'Post-installation guide - SLD of SAP Netweaver 7.0' (https://websmp107.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000351302008E). This document indicated that I will need to perform following before turning on the new SLD:

- update SLD parameters on the PI system

- perform initial data import for the new SLD

This post-installation guide for SLD seems rather simplistic and high level. Would you experts be able to advise whether I am going in the right direction? It would be also helpful if I could be referred to other documentations that provide more details on how to add more SLD into existing system landscape.

Much thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Wi Tanto

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Yes you can do this in tcode RZ70 & maintain three SLD as required in your case.

Thanks..

Mohit

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suart,

Thank you for the warning on what to watch for. I am definitely going to have to re-direct PI from connecting to a centralised SLD to local SLD. Investigation on this task is still in progress for me.

Thanks,

Wi

stuart_campbell
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Wi

It sounds to me like you want to have

1 Central SLD - all systems

1 Local SLD - Development PI

1 Local SLD - Production PI

This is entirely possible landscape on paper

In terms of installation - my understanding is that SLD is automatically available application for every

useage type WAS JAVA installation - in the past however I do remember specific SLD options during sapinst - but this

may have been for pre-700 versions of SLD. Therefore you should be able to go straight on and configure local

SLDs on your DEV and PRD landscapes

This is indeed simple enough however....

The main challenges in integration occur when a data supplier, client or business system exists or is required to exist in

more than one SLD - in particular some considerations would be the useability of a PI client connected to 2 SLDs or the ability to automatically update system changes (e.g SPs) to more than 1 SLD

- lets say your PI system is already registered with the Central SLD - how can you register it with a local SLD?

- alternatively lets say you want local PI system to be visible in both local SLD and central SLD - how best to achieve this

- Also can a PI production system be a client of both PRD SLD and DEV SLD? will there be any RFC conflicts?

These are things to consider and dependant wholly on your requirements and what is available to that SLD version

In all cases ensure you take a full back-up of your SLD in the SLD UI options

Good luck

Stuart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohit, Sunny,

Thank you for your replies. They are very helpful indeed. I am still in the middle of my investigation so may post further questions back.

Thanks,

Wi

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In your scenario, you have to first activate local SLD on your QA system for system itself, then for development system. After that activate local SLD on your PRD system. Then you have to replicate it to your central SLD on solution manager.

For this you have to do following steps:

1) RZ70 Configuration

2) RFC Configuration in SM59 e.g. AI_DIRECTORY, AI_INTEGRATION etc.

3) Change exchange profile

4) Create JCO Destinations.

5) Run SLDcheck that should be working.

And you have to follow post installation guide.

Check below links:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/45/4208934d7f1193e10000000a1553f7/content.htm

Thanks

Sunny