Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization Object for fields in Material Master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is a requirement to make a particular field(Storage Bin in Warehouse Mgmt2) in change mode while all other fieds are in display. Is there any field groups or authorization objects to to do this ?

Regards

Raj.

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have two options to do it:-

1 - Check out the associated ABAP program, you will get to know the authorization checks/objects maintained for the particular field which you have mentioned.

Once you get that you can add the same object/fields into a role and assign it to the test Id and test it.

2 - Put a trace (ST01) and check out the authorization objects checked for the particular field.

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is a way to do this by Creating a Transaction variant for that TCode and there you can Change the nature of the fields as per your wish. How to do - Check out the link: [Creation and Use of Variant Transaction|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/uuid/40d1443e-0184-2c10-c68d-c612f771fe6f]

regards,

Dipanjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dipanjan. Bu then I got another problem, I have 2 Development clients , one is for development and other for test. I need to create this transaction variant in development but it doesnt have any data in it. Any idea how to go about ?

Rgds

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

For Creating Transaction Variant there is no data required.

You are just going to define values for that transaction as to how this is going to be controlled - Display, change, hide.

WIth regards to your original query, what is the transaction you are trying to use and what is the current environment. Is every fields in display mode.

We can also add an authorisation object in SU24 based on the requirement after we find that it fits our requirement.

Can you throw more detailed information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arunachalam,

I am looking for the tranasation MM02, in which all the fields should be in display mode except for one field to be in change mode in tab WareHouse Mgmt2 called Storage Bin.

Hope this explains you my requirement.

Thanks & Regards

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Do what Dipanjan suggested but get someone to create some data for you.

Dipanjan suggested a simple and quick method for getting what you want. Whatever method you take, how do you think you can test it before tpt to QA if there is no data?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raj,

I had the same requirement in my current project - to give restricted MM02 access to warehouse personnel to update the 'Storage Bin' field alone and nothing else. During Goods Receipt of a new item, the warehouse person will need to run MM02 to update the Bin Location in the Material Master.

The ideal solution for this would be as mentioned in the previous replies - to go for a transaction variant for MM02 to make all fields in MM02 - except Storage Bin field - uneditable.

But we have agreed to go ahead with a workaround for this.

We set M_MATE_MAN (Material Master: Data at Client Level) to Activity 03-display and

M_MATE_STA (Material Master: Maintenance Statuses) to Maintenance Status L (Storage) with Activity 02.

This now allows the Warehouse Person access to only two views of MM02 - Plant Data/ Stor. 1 and Plant Data/ Stor. 2.

Global fields such as Material Description, Base Unit of Measure etc. are uneditable in these views.

Hope this helps.