SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roles of an Isu consultant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SDN,

can somebody pls throw some light on the roles, tasks and responsibilities of and ISU functional consultant in the area of device management and billing.

thanks

Rio

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Rio,

At a minimum the functional consultant in Device management should be able to do the following:

Experience in the following areas of DM - technical master data in SAP IS-U, experience in defining schedules, MRUs, registers, register groups, Device Installation, Removal, Replacement, Disconnections, reconnections, Meter reading, sampling, inspection etc. Configuration experience in defining device category, device specific, register groups settings, meter readings and so on.

It depends on your project on what you want to define in terms of roles, responsibilites. SAP Solution Manager is a great tool and it describes responsibilites for a functional consultant as:

The main responsibilities of the application consultant include:

· Supporting definition and modeling of business processes

· Checking how the business model works with the SAP products

· Configuring the software to suit the required business processes and to meet analysis and report requirements

· Determining the global and local standardization requirements

· Determining requirements for organizational change in the enterprise

· Supporting knowledge transfer to other project team members

· Supporting organization and performance of tests

· Defining requirements for authorization profiles and access authorizations

· Analyzing statistical performance and passing on recommendations for improvement to support

· Creating and developing data solutions and strategies to meet the requirements of the corresponding SAP component (for example, APO, BW, CRM)

· Creating end user training materials for the new functions

The application consultant is not responsible for:

· The technical implementation of the solution

· The programming of interfaces and other developments

· Recurring problems with the quality of data (problems with data quality should be passed on to the project manager)

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is this still a business process expert community forum? Some users post threads about interview questions, business process documents, training materials etc. Some users post like I am new to IS-U, can you help me BEFORE covering all the bases.

Seriously this forum is becoming a joke. Please go read the rules of the engagement thread and ask yourself once if this is a question that needs to be posted.

Guys please try not to post such threads and spoil the interest of other users in this community.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Dear Admin,

thank you very much for your reply

we are implementing ISU, none of our business users does not have expert knowlede in ISU, as we are freshly implemeting it.

in regards to that I have requested for some roles and responsibilities in order to help out the resourcing. and for your kind information I have read the rules of engagement , as stated there I have not asked for any BPP, any help document, any interview questions or any copyrighted training material, I was just asking to throw some light on the what ISU functional consultants role in a project. I feel this is the right place for sharing information and knowledge and asked for it, I hope this FORUM is not at all a right place for the people who are looking for information.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/HOME/RulesofEngagement

anyways thnks once again for your information.

ps. if you feel you want to tell a genuine thing, you can directly use your original user name for these kind of answers you no need to register a new id and waste SDN UME.

Thnks

RIo

0 Kudos

Your sentiments might be very welcome here but declaring yourself a BPX administrator is confusing to our community. If you would like to speak with authority please use your name to do so.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Rio,

At a minimum the functional consultant in Device management should be able to do the following:

Experience in the following areas of DM - technical master data in SAP IS-U, experience in defining schedules, MRUs, registers, register groups, Device Installation, Removal, Replacement, Disconnections, reconnections, Meter reading, sampling, inspection etc. Configuration experience in defining device category, device specific, register groups settings, meter readings and so on.

It depends on your project on what you want to define in terms of roles, responsibilites. SAP Solution Manager is a great tool and it describes responsibilites for a functional consultant as:

The main responsibilities of the application consultant include:

· Supporting definition and modeling of business processes

· Checking how the business model works with the SAP products

· Configuring the software to suit the required business processes and to meet analysis and report requirements

· Determining the global and local standardization requirements

· Determining requirements for organizational change in the enterprise

· Supporting knowledge transfer to other project team members

· Supporting organization and performance of tests

· Defining requirements for authorization profiles and access authorizations

· Analyzing statistical performance and passing on recommendations for improvement to support

· Creating and developing data solutions and strategies to meet the requirements of the corresponding SAP component (for example, APO, BW, CRM)

· Creating end user training materials for the new functions

The application consultant is not responsible for:

· The technical implementation of the solution

· The programming of interfaces and other developments

· Recurring problems with the quality of data (problems with data quality should be passed on to the project manager)

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Excellent Sridhar, appreciate your reply,

thanks

RiO