cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC Risk Mitigation: B009

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am working with some of the business units to mitigate GRC risk B009. However, the risk stem from the System Administrator role here at our organization. How have other managed to mitigate the risk that is probably commonly held by systems administrator (since they need a wide array of access). Comments and tips appreciated!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Rich_Turnquist
Participant
0 Kudos

Our security team severly limits the actions of the System Admins in production. For example, table maintenance is not allowed in production. This is only needed by the System admin once in a while, so we have Firefighter ID's they can use when they need to update tables. At first, they argued that they would be in as firefighters all the time, but in reality, it isn't so. So we get around most of the mitigations by having the security team make sure that access in production is "Display" only and we use Firefighter ID's with a process around it when needed. Just as long as the System Admins aren't limited in "doing their job", they are okay with it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have also approached it in a similar way to Peggy.

Trying to convince basis and system administrators that they actually don't need that access in production very often is a difficult task but it is achievable.

I would look carefully at the rules which you have stipulated and try to understand the key ones for consideration. Try to remove any unneccessary triggers in the first instance. You may wish to use ST03 to try to find evidence of how frequently they access the key transactions.

Consider using SPM to give back the access which you are removing from them in a more controlled way as that may increase the buy in of the team members.

Don't give up!!