cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prompt with Default date (Current Date)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have WEBI Report With Calendar Date (0CALDAY) Object on a OLAP Universe (OLAP Universe built on SAP BW BEx Query).

I need to create a prompt on Calendar Date Object with default value as Current date (systemdate). I need to create this at universe level not at BEx level (No Exceptions).

Looking forward to hear from you.

-Thanks,

Deepu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

whats the problem to use the EXIT variable here ?

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

EXIT variable should work in SAP side not in BO side. One need to select again.

I think you have use Current Date object in Prompt syntax, if you have any

Thank You!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi BOCP-BOE,

"Current Date object in Prompt syntax" ?

You mean any Inbuilt function in Universe to build current date object. I dont see any Inbuilt functions related to current date or sysdate for OLAP Universes.

Hi Ingo,

I agree with you but we need someone who knows ABAP code to create EXIT variable. Correct me if I am wrong. In mean time i will contact BW Team.

-Thanks,

DEEPU.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

We have created SAP EXIT variable which can be used as:

Calendar day From: (Default's to Current datedate -30)

Calendar day To: (Default to Current date)

When i run WEBI Report by default i am getting data for previous 30 days,

But the problem is user cannot see the "Current date -30" and "Current date" in prompt screen and also problem for me when i use userresponse Function in WEBI as I am geting empty value.

Your help is highly appreciated.

-Thanks,

DEEPU.

former_member192142
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepu,

Just a couple of suggestions.

Have you set the exit variable to Mandatory and Ready for input in BW? This should force it to be displayed.

Regarding the UserResponse - here is my own notes (so I can remember :o):

Copy the name of the variable from BW Query Designer

Paste the name into =UserResponse(u201Cvariable nameu201D) in WebI

If the variable has a from and to value u2013 add either From or To to the name, e.g. u201Cvariable name fromu201D

Hth.,

Jacob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jacob,

Thanks for response, I have done everything as you said except i have set SAP Exit Variable as optional because users want it to be optional.

If i choose any other date (From and To) userresponse is working. Its showing empty for default values as even we cannot see those values even in prompt screen.

-Thanks,

DEEPU

former_member192142
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepu,

Ok, I thought the prompt was not showing up in WebI at all, but what you are saying is that the prompt is displayed, but without the default values (even though the exit varible works as intended) and that also results in an empty UserResponse(). Unfortunately I don't know the answer to that, but you are not the only one having the problem:

Best regards,

Jacob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jacob for understanding my problem.

Lets hope that SAP will fix this issue soon.

-Thanks,

DEEPU.

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

an SAP EXIT variable doesn't have the notion of a "DEFAULT" - which is the issue here. the value is shown in the list of values for Web Intelligence without the DEFAULT.

ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

So Ingo, You mean to say that there is no way that user can see the default value (in his LOV's) on his prompt screen when he run's/refresh the Query.

User will always compalin if this continues.........

-Thanks,

DEEPU.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Deepu,

1. open the Universe Designer

2. Select the Condition/Filter/Prompt

3. Edit and change the Not_Persistent to Persistent

4. Parse it.

5. Save the Universe.

6. Export it.

Now one can see the previous value selected while user refreshing second time.

Regarding: UserResponse() , Can you post exact syntax you used...

Thank You!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi BOCP-BOE,

Here the problem is not about showing "previous value selected"

Issue is:

We have SAP EXIT VARIABLE in BEx Query which acts as Prompt (user variable) with Default values.

But when its used in Business Objects

The prompt is displayed, but without the default values. I mean user cannot see the default values but when he Run the Query the data is restricted for Default values.

I hope you understand.

-Thanks,

DEEPU.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any idea how to resolve this issue?

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

this is because a EXIT VAriable doesn't have a DEFAULT value.

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

Thanks for your response.

>

> this is because a EXIT VAriable doesn't have a DEFAULT value.

>

> Ingo

But EXIT Variable has a DEFAULT value in BEx Designer. DEFAULT Value (Current system Date) is populated when a BEx Query is Run. How come it is not properly reflected into BOBJ?. It retrieves the data for Current system Date in BOBJ too when WEBI Query is run but it does not show Current system Date in prompt screen.

I hope you understand my problem.

-Thanks,

DEEPU.

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

an EXIT Variables does not have a default value. in the query designer you configure an exit variable and there is no step at all for a default value. BEx is simply showing the first value returned by the EXIT - its not a default value.

ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

I am bit confused here you said on Oct 5th to use an Exit Variable to resolve my problem and Now you are saying that there is no Default Value for Exit Variable.

So you mean to say that there is no way in SAP BW-BOBJ Reporting that End User can be prompted with Current Date (System Date) as a Default value in his prompt screen when he Run/Refresh the WEBI Report.

Please confirm to me so that we can pass the same message to our end users during thier training.

-Thanks,

DEEPU.

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can resolve the problem of getting the current day as value using the EXIT variable. When you create a variable as EXIT variable you will recognize that there is no option for you to setup a default value in the BW query.

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ingo,

can you be more specific on how to do this?

We are facing the same question from our users and if it ís possible I would like to know how.

Tnx,

Nadine

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the solution is to use an EXIT variable - but keep in mind that the EXIT variable does not have a default value.

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ingo,

but do you mean using the EXIT-variable as the keydate or as the list of values on which the filter can be based?

Because I have tried with an EXIT variable that only gives the date of today, as a keydate, and it still prompts with the same calender as the other keydate variables. It does not automatically put the date of today.

What am I doing wrong?

Nadine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Deep,

Did you get a answer for this issue. I am also having the same issue. I want to display sysdate in a prompt, but its not showing up automatically. Please let me know if you have the answer for this. I am struggling a lot on this one. Can you please email to balu_kv@hotmail.com if you have the answer for this.

Thanks,

Bala

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

EXIT variable should work in SAP side not in BO side. One need to select again.

I think you have use Current Date object in Prompt syntax, if you have any

Thank You!

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

the solution here is to create an EXIT variable as part of the BW query. then the prompt will be leveraged in the universe.

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

Our BW team have created a variable on BW side, but still am not able to see the sysdate in webi report. Please let me know how to debug this issue.

Thanks,

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is effectively not possible but it is normally planned to have this feature in the next major release.

Regards,

Didier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is not possible.

You can only define static default value in the prompts.

Regards,

Rohit