cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to upload a document in KM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need to create a iview which will display spreadsheet or other document file such as MS Word document within an iView.

For that i need create a KM doc iview, store the doc in KM, give the path of doc in the KM iview created. It will open doc in iview.

With URL iview, doc can be anywhere, but it will open in browser.

Now anyone pls tell me how to do that........

if anybody has step by step approach for this scenarion kindly send it to shakthigin@yahoo.co.in

Thanks in Advance,

Jasmine

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jasmine,

1. Go to File which you want to display

2. Select Details in the context menu. Go to Settings - > Properties.

3. Select "Access Links" in Properties.

4. Copy the "Target URL" and paste in notepad.

5.Go to Content Administration - > Portal Content.

Now Create a Folder inside Portal Content.

6. Right Click and select New - > iView.

7. Select URL iView.

8. Now paste the "Target URL" in the URL field of URL iView Editor.

9. Now click on preview and find the doc opening in Browser.

10. You are done. Go and have a coffee and enjoy.

Hope this should be useful.

Regards,

venkat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jasmin,

Just some small remarks to Venkats detailed description:

If you want to display documents that are saved in KM, in step 7. you should choose "KM Document iView".

In step 8. you can paste also a relative path and not the whole access link URL including server and port (so that after transport into productive system you don't need to change the entry). The URL should start with /irj/...

And additionally step 0. would be of course to go to Content Administration -> KM Content -> navigate to the /documents/... and choose from the menu Folder -> New -> Upload...

Hope this helps,

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am trying to follow the steps which venkat is specifying along with your modifications.

But my doubt is that, when i am selecting KM Document Iview, its taking properties, iviewname , iview id, and company name parameters but there is no entry to specify the url(target/relative) of the document.

Anything Missing?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venuthurupalli,

the KM Document iView has an parameter "Path to Document" where you can specify the URL of the document.

The path could look like this: "/irj/go/km/docs/documents/test/Presentation.ppt"

Hope this helps,

Robert