BDC - clarifications
i am techinically know most of the BDC part..but i wonder still i dont have answer for silly below mentioned Qs
1. y BDC is prefer rather than LSMW.
2. in BDC which method u will prefer y.(I know general diff b.w session and call transaction.)
can any body answer this...
Message was edited by: raja gurrala
Amit Mittal replied
1. What is bapi interms of uploading data?
BAPI is just a Function module
where in there are some import parameters and tables.
We pass the data to it, and it POSTS the
data in the system, with all validations.
If some errors/warnings are there,
it returns the same in an internal table,
and does not post the data.
2. how bapi is different from call transaction/session?
In call transaction/session
we have to do RECORDING, of screens,
one by one and in sequence.
But in BAPI, since it is an FM,
We have to just provide the data for input,
and the rest it takes care of.
(we dont have to worry for screen field names,
okcodes and the sequences)
3. what r the advantages of bapi?
a) can be used for Enjoy transactions (if available)
b) No hassle of recording and noting down the screen field names
c) In future if the trnasaction screens and their
sequence changes, then our bdc program may not work.
But BAPI will work bcos SAP takes the guarantee
of making the BAPIs consistent.,
4. for uploading master data(ex:customer data) into sap,
which methods you prefer? call
I will prefer these kinds of methods,
in this order of preferences.
a) LSMW (no abap coding required)
b) BAPI ( simple to use)
c) session (error handling is automatic)
d) call transaction (least preferred)
5 .tell any 2 standard bapi function modules used for
uploading sales order data?
6. what is exact scenario where we go for direct input method
When bapi not lsmw is available.