cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate Software Component Version entries after Import

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I attempted a file system transport of Design objects from our XI Dev system to XI QA system today. The new objects came over OK, but the software component / version looks to be duplicated. One has the complete correct configuration I was trying to bring accross, and the other has just a handful of objects with same names I was hoping to overwrite.

How can I delete the old software component and all its child objects?

Many thanks,

Aaron

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found this on another forum post which helped me understand better. Thank you everyone for your help.

Hi,

Follow these steps to delete the software component:

Delete all Data Types, Message Types, Message Interfaces, Message Mappings, and Interface Mappings in all the namespaces present in the software component except the default datatypes in all the namespaces present in the software component.

Also delete the imported objects if any in the software component. Then activate all the changes.

By double clicking the software component, delete all the namespaces present in the software component, and do not save it.

Now delete all the default datatypes in all the namespaces present in the software component and now save the software component and activate the changes.

Now double clicking the software component> Goto Software component version menu> from the drop down select the delete option. this will delete the software component from IR.

Now goto SLD and select the software component and remove it.

Then clear the SLD cache. Now the software component will be deleted.

Also refer this blog:

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/05/22/how-to-delete-software-component-from-integration-builder

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I've tried both options regarding Object Modifiable and Object Original. I see the warnings and activate changes but the SWC objects are not yet combined. I deleted all objects underneath the software component I want removed. However it still exists underneath my Product in Integration Builder:Design.

How can I remove one of the duplicate Software Component Versions? I'm sorry if this is a simple question, I'm still learning about the repository container objects like these.

Thanks in advance!!

Aaron

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

Did you or anybody else already imported software component versions in QA from SLD?

Thanks

Aamir

No Aamir, this is the first time to transport objects. So here is the order of things:

1) We set up an SWCV and developed on DEV system

2) We set up an SWCV of the same name and developed 1 transaction in QA in order to test end to end connections

3) We exported SWCV from Dev system

4) We imported this SWCV to QA sytem which now has duplicate names of SWCV (but different GUIDS)

I guess the lesson is not to create the software component and then try to import over top of it? But that doesn't help me out of the situation I'm in.

Thank you for any advice...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aaron,

Check only Objecst are modifiable and then save it and then you will get the warning Check Result for Object XXXXXXXXXX Software component version is marked as non-modifiable although this is not the original in this repository This status should only be created temporarily for emergency corrections. Dont worry about this. Go ahead and delte and then uncheck this once again shoudl help you out.

But if you have correct configuration you should not run into this issues. Your objects should be overwriteen.

Regards,

---Satish

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you see anything in Version Conflict tab?

Also, you may open the SWC and check Objects are Original and Objects are modifiable checkbox. Then start removing invidual objetcts and then namespace and then SWC.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't know where the Version Conflict tab is, but the SWC have opposite settings for Original Object and Objects are Modifiable fields.

The new SWC I've imported has those two checkboxes empty, and the temporary one built by hand has both checked. Both object heirarchies have the exact same name but they have unique GUIDS. I don't know what the full implications of these fields are but maybe this is the right track.

Any perspective on this is appreciated,

-Aaron

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

Did you or anybody else already imported software component versions in QA from SLD?

Thanks

Aamir

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are sure about deleting this SWC, then the approach I suggested earlier is what you need to follow.

Regards,

Prateek