cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLoc in Batch Determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need restrict the Batch Determination on delivery to run just in a specific SLOC in a plant.

I've created a new Characteristic (ct04) using table MCHB-> LGORT and I've added it to my selection class putting the SLOC i want.

But at run, determination don't use the new characteristic created to select the batches.

Someone has any ideia ??

Thanks.

Kleyson Rios.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I assume you have added the same field LGORT in the batch search startegy class also.

You need to assign storage location value in the batch search strategy record also in VCH2. Can you add the value and try to find the batch?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

Yes I've added the same field in VCH2, and i added also the value

In VCH2 i've added Selection criteria with my Batch Selection Class that has the same field LGORT created. And the value of the characteristc i put the name of SLOC.

I've checked, in se16n, the table MCHB and there are the records of the batch.

But didn't work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Criteria used on delivery:

-

Characteristic Name Characteristic value

LOBM_RLZ Remaining shelf life for batc >= 1 d

LOBM_VFDAT Expiration date, shelf life >= 01.10.2009

LOBM_LFDAT Batch determin. delivery date 30.09.2009

Z_SLOC Storage Location DC01

Results:

-

Batch Split quantity Available quantity SLoc Characteristic sort.

123456 11 11 DESC 01.10.2009

260309 52 52 DESC 01.10.2009

0000000112 87 27.952,836 DC01 02.10.2009

Determination should not get SLoc DESC.

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check Note 738816 - BMBC: Storage location ignored by selection

Depending on your SAP version, you may need to implement the correction.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

I've checked the Note and i think that my system has the problem showed at Note.

I did the following test:

In Batch Information Cockpit i chose the Material, Plant and Storage Location, and the result was all the batches for Material at Plant, didn't restrict fot the SLOC selected.

My system is ECC 6.0 and there are no instruction correction to my version system in the Note. What should I do in this case ?

Thanks.

Kleyson Rios.

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Our's is 4.7 version and we have added non-standard characteristics in the batch search criteria without any issue.

I could not find any other note related to your issue.

Can you check the routine assigned to quantity proposal field?

I assume, you can add a logic to propose quantities based on the storage location mentioned in selection criteria in the routine.

Can you also try to post in LE forum, so that you may get some respone. Some one might have done this before.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

How can I check the routine assigned to quantity proposal field ?

Thanks.

Kleyson Rios.

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In VCH2, highlight the material.

Then click on the Details button (F2). You can see a box Quantity proposal. Check the value assinged to it.

If you click on the drop-down of that field, the system will display the list of available routines. Highlight the assigned routines, then click on the source text button. This will display the coding pertaining to the routine.

In t.code VOFM, you can clone the existing routine to create a new one, where in you can add the required logic.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

I got it !

But I would like to resolv my problem using some standard solution, and in the last case use some extra ABAP coding.

I was reading some docs and batch determination should work using fields of the table MCHB, like LGORT, and in ECC 6.0 I should not have the problem showed at Note 738816 - BMBC: Storage location ignored by selection.

Do you think I should open a ticket at SAP for this problem ?

Thanks.

Kleyson Rios.

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I also feel it should work in the standard way.

In our case, we added a characteristics called batch sequence code, which we are using to reserve the batch for customers. It is working fine.

As you think, you can open a ticket at SAP to see what they propose. Once you get response, please update the forum.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

I've received SAP answer:

Hi,

The characteristic you are using is the same like LOBM_LGORT, and

and unfortunately there are restrictions for its usage:

LOBM_LGORT can only be used for sorting, and not for selecting. This is

also valid for your own characteristic Z_SLOC as it's referring to

MCHB-LGORT too.

So this is standard system behavior and it's also documented in the

following help link (please concatenate both lines):

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/en/25/

283b894f7811d18a150000e816ae6e/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've found a solution.

If I use Batch Determination with Stock Determination I can select which storage locations batch determination must search.

Best Regards.

Kleyson Rios.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kleyson, what do you mean by batch determination with stock determination? I have the same scenario, i need to have batch determination at sLoc level,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deriada,

Batch Determination with Stock Determination was a way I found to restrict the batch determination in some specifics sloc's.

If you have Batch Determination working, take a look at SPRO -> Materials Management -> Inventory Management and Physical Inventory -> Stock Determination to configure Stock Determination.

Best Regards.

Kleyson Rios.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Can I ask why you didn't just put the SLoc in the sales order instead of all that work?

Thanks

Answers (0)