cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Normal Correction SDMJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is there a way to add the Message Processor field to the Normal Correction template similar to the one the support message (SLFN) uses or is this even possible?

Thanks in advance

Stephanie

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the help. We have a consultant coming in to help with these issues.

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lori

once you have created ur new partner determinatio procedure

now goto partner profile and here select the

User Specific settings

make the entry for you or choose the new partner then you can see this on the SDMJ screen once you already assigned that profile to SDMJ

Hope it helps

Regards

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the help. The Message Processor can now be viewed on the Fast Entry screen but there is no functionality behind it. Do I need to add this to yet another table?

Thanks again

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can add an access sequence and rule to it for automatic populate, or you can populate it manually and keep things simple, depending on what your needs are.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We would like to keep this as a manual step but want the functionality of it the same as the support messages. The way we have the support messages set up when you enter a BP number in this field an email is sent out along with a notification in the workcenter to notify the processor the support message needs addressed. Can this also be done on the normal correction level and if so do I need to define it in the Define Conditions and/or Define Action Profiles and Actions?

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stephanie

Yes you are correct you can do it ....u can send mail to message processor at the SDMJ level....

Please go the action profille assign to it..standard it SDMJ_ACTIONS ...here create one mailing action for you

Hope it solves ur problem

Regards

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stephanie, I'm not sure what you mean by Message Processor. In the SDMJ template, there is a Current Processor field, and the Developer is captured on the Partner tab.

If you need to add another partner function, you can do so in the IMG under SAP Solution Manager > Scenario-Specific Settings > Change Request Management > Extended Configuration > Change Transaction > Transaction Types > Partner Schema.

Hope this helps!

Lori

Edited by: Lori Sanders on Sep 30, 2009 3:41 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lori,

Thanks for the reply. I'm hoping to add a field under the Current Processor field in SDMJ with that of the Message Processor which we already have set up with an email route for SLFN. Hope that makes sense.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can do that via the Partner Schema as I indicated above. Just make sure you use a new transaction type for your SDMJ (ZDMJ recommended) when you hook it to the new partner schema. You can make it show up via the User Interface Settings for the partner determination procedure you create.

If you look at the Partner Determination Procedure SDHF0001 - that's the one used by SDMJ - you would add your new Partner function into the table under Partner Functions in Procedure, and then under User Interface Settings you would add the new partner function in one of the four fields provided to determine the sequence they appear on the Fast Entry screen.

Make sense?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have defined a new partner determination procedure with a name of ZDMJ but how do I get the normal corrections to use this new format? I'm still lost.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

To test it, you can go into the Define Transaction Types IMG activity and change the partner determination procedure on SDMJ to your new ZDMJ procedure. However, future updates from SAP may overwrite this new value with the old one, so you will want to create a new transaction type ZDMJ to associate to your ZDMJ partner determination procedure. At that point, you will need to update your copy control to make sure your change request calls ZDMJ instead of SDMJ.