cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outside Service process by Vendor

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have scenario in which I need to send the part outside for the service and business doesn't want to use the material number for this process.I have following limits in the process.

1.Vendor where the part goes for service not setup in SAP.Reason for that vendor repair facility is a different location from their main location and I am trying to use one time vendor functionality in this case.

2.Business want to use the shipping process to send the part out.How I can integrate shipping process with this ? I was thinking to create vendor as customer but when in customer master I put one time vendor number system throw the error that vendor is a one time vendor.

How I can design this process in SAP and is there any way to track the part which went out(I don't have part number).

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My first suggestion would go for using MM Subcontracting process where u create a PO fo the vendor and then do Goos issue through MIGO against Movement type 541.

For doing it through Sales Process u can ceate a free of charge delivery to the vendor, and then once the goods have been serviced by the vendor ceate returns delivey.

As for as your requiremnt regading ceating a new vendor because of different Shipping Address, you can go for changing the address manually in the puchase requistion instead of ceating a new vendor.

regards,

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is not possible without part number..

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Your requirement can be fulfilled , if you go through the Third Party sales process.But here customer wont order. So you have to create a dummy customer and create a dummy sales order and wrf to that purchase requisition you can create a PO and then send to Vendor then you can track

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

what information will come inside customer master ?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you can go for Refurbishment process.....

Please understand to track a particular material ... It is always a better practice to use the Serial Number System...

Now, in order to set the above said process you may refer Building Blocks from the help.sap.com website.

Also refer the below link for better understanding:

[EXTERNAL SERVICE TO VENDOR|]

Regards