Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem in refreshing the data of the UI element Table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am having a problem.

I have a screen which displays list of variants in table ( variant name , variant desc )

I am binding the entries of table in WDDOINIT method.

but when i go back to selection screen view and come back to display variants view, WDDOINIT is not triggering.

Now if i move the code written in WDDOINIT method to WDDOMODIFYVIEW method, its not retaining the lead selection as the binding happens on every server round trip. if i check with First_time = 'X'. its same as that of having it in WDDOINIT method.

How do i overcome this problem of refreshing the table data.

any clue is highly appreciated.

Regards,

Ajay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>but when i go back to selection screen view and come back to display variants view, WDDOINIT is not triggering.

No it won't be default. You can go to the properties on the view and change the Lifetime setting to only when visible. However this can have negative performance.

Perhaps you should instead consider placing your logic in the event handler for the inbound plug. This way it will be fired whenever inbound navigation occurs into your view.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your inputs.

I have moved the code in inbound event handler and its working fine now.

Regards,

Ajay

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Ajay ,

create a custom controller for this and when u want to move from selection screen view to display variant ,

call method of this custom controller

DATA lo_edit TYPE REF TO ig_edit .
lo_edit =   wd_this->get_edit_ctr( ).

lo_edit->edit1(
  ).

here I am calling the edit1 method of my custom controller named EDIT.

try to move code of ur WDDOINIT here.

it shud help

rgds,

amit