cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy Queries to New Infoprovider

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I got a set of queries written against an InfoCube which now needs to be queried against another infoprovider, a multiprovider(this has got this cube). Is there any way to do this without creating these queries all over again?

Thanks,

Chris..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member192142
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

You can use the function module: RSZ_I_COPY_QRY_TO_CUBE. This function module copies your query to the target infocube, deleting any missing infoobjects from the query definition.

Hope this helps,

-Jacob Lund

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jacob:

Can you please let me know how to use that function module step by step so that we can copy the query even when the target provider does not have all the info objects present in source provider.

I tried executing the function module and it did exactly the same thing that t-code RSZC does.

Your assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely

Murugan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chris,

If they are not "equal" in Infoobjects..

May be you can also explore.. the follwoing fesability..

1. Make "Equal" that Multiprovider to the basic cube..

2. Copy using RSZC

3. try modifying Multiprovider and Tehn each new Query??

Just a thought..

Regards,

Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Situation : If you have two infocube (Old & New means if u created new infocube by adding additional Characteristics & reload data ) & want to copy Queries from OLD cube to New cube without going to Analyzer

Solution : Use RSZC transaction.

2. if info cubesr difrent u need to make a new one.

regards ,

aparna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are right. During the Infoprovider Compatibilty Check, it showed an error listing down all the Characteristics from the cube. What I was wondering is that, is it possible to create a new MultiProvider with the Infoobjects from this cube(not checking the cube name, but going to the InfoObjects tab in the MultiProvider creation screen and checking relevant InfoObjects)? I am trying to do this,but cant see all the InfoObjects in the list.

Regards,

Chris

edwin_harpino
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Chris,

hope you didn't try find keyfigures infoobject in 'characteristics' tab.

you can select all infoobjects, use button in right buttom 'select all' (first button), then transfer fields button <-. then maintain identification and activate.

hope this helps.

• should RSZC instead of RSZCOPY

Former Member
0 Kudos

there is tcode RSZC which is used to copy queries between infoproviders.But for this structure of both infoproviders needs to be exactly same.

Here u cannot use this tcode as structure between cube and multiprovider isnt same.

I think u may have to create the queries afresh.

cheers,

Vishvesh

edwin_harpino
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Christian,

try tcode RSZCOPY, all infoobjects have to be exist in both infoproviders.

hope this helps.