cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-sourcing setup question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm trying to setup e-sourcing 5.1 using one of our existing Netweaver Web Application Servers.(NW 7.0)

I'm using Windows/Oracle environment.

I've run the e-sourcing setup.exe on a separate server and trying to deploy the generated EAR files to the Netweaver Web AS server residing on another server. The e-sourcing database is on a separate box as well.

My questions are:

1. Should the e-sourcing setup.ex be run on the same box as the Netweaver Web AS server?

2. If we can have it distributed (E-sourcing setup on one box and Web AS on another box):

-Are there any additional steps to be performed.

-Parameters/env. variables to be setup on both boxes?

-permissions for sidadm and SAPServiceSID users?

I've already completed the installation and deployed the EAR files (followed the additional procedure mentioned in the sizing guide).

I've setup the -DFCIHOMEDIR parameter on the Web As config tool to point to
<esourcing server>\<sharename>.

Please help on this.

Thanks

David

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

As per my experience with installation of E-Sourcing system, the setup.exe has to be run on the same machine where the Netweaver instance is running.

Eventhough the configure.exe utility packages the WAR and EAR files required for deployment on the Netweaver instance, from a application management strategy it is a safer bet to place the E-Sourcing application binary files on the same server.

Regards,

Balaji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David

please guide me where i can download e-sourcing installable software .How to install E-sourcing server .

please tell me the path where i can download e-sourcing installables.

kiran

Edited by: kiran kumar on Dec 29, 2009 7:13 AM

tridip_chakraborthy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran

Please navigate to the following in service market place using your SID

www.service.sap.com/swdc

Under the downloads tab check for SAP Installation and Upgrades

SAP Software Distribution Center ->Installations and Upgrades->Installations and Upgrades - Entry by Application Group

-> SAP-> SAP ESourcing/clm2.0

Choose the platform and download the relevant Software components for SAP ES, Contract Gen and Optimizer

Regards

Tridip