cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery block for returns order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am creating a returns sales order from customer: ordertype=RE, Item category=REN and schedule line category=DN.

Availability check for the material is set to standard 02, "individual requirements". The checking rule is A.

Now, the problem is the following: when I try to enter an quantity that is higher than what I have currently on unrestricted stock for the specific material, I get a delivery block in my schedule line that says "Max qty exceeded". And when I lower the quantity in the order to below what I have currently in unrestricted stock, then I can remove this delivery block...very strange!

Anyone experienced a similar problem or know why the system behaves in this way? Why is there checkings for availability when I am creating a returns order (from customer)?

Regards,

Lars

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lars,

You can always create a return order w/o any reference document.

Please check your availability check configurations, it is checking unrestricted quantity when you are trying to create return order

If you need more details on availability check, do revert to me.

Thanks

Murali

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lars

First of all a Return order is created when the stock is being returned , so you have to create the return order wrf to billing document.So system will copy the Quantity data of the line item which has been billed.

As you are creating Returns order without any reference document , that is the reason you are facing the Max qty exceeded and Lower quantity also.

Regards

Srinath

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

What is the quantity in the reference document (Invoice) for this returns order and what is the unrestricted stock in the plant.

I guess, by chance, both the quantities are same/matching and creating the confusion. If you are trying to create return order for quantities more than the invoiced quantites you might be experiencing this behaviour and there could be some development/enhancement related to this functionality.

Regards,

Ravi

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First of all for return order, why you set availability check which is not at all required. You are just taking back the goods from customer whatever is supplied.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In scheduline line category DN there is no availability check indicator set. So I do not understand why it is carrying out availability check?

//Lars