SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POS DM ERROR "UNKOWN SALES ITEM TYPE ####"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am gettting an error in POSDM "UNKNOW SALES ITEM TYPE ####". I usnderstand that system can not validate the sales item type. I can see that in drop down where other sales item types are available like SALES-2001, SALES TO EMPLOYEE - 2101, RETURNS-2801,..."

I would like to find out where I can configure SALES ITEM TYPE?

Please Help me out !

Thanks,

Rahim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member335292
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahim,

Go to Tcode posdw/img

then POS inbound processing ->POS Transactions ->Sales Item Type

Here you can define your own sales type(New Entries) and make sure you assign it to the relevant profile type which you are using for your stores.

NOTE : Most of the standard sales item types are available (like 2001,2101,2301,2801etc) with an assignment with standard profile type 0001 and it is copied to the specific profile type,however if you want a new one to be defined you can do so.

Hope it helps

Rgds,

Aram.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

former_member335292
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahim,

Go to Tcode posdw/img

then POS inbound processing ->POS Transactions ->Sales Item Type

Here you can define your own sales type(New Entries) and make sure you assign it to the relevant profile type which you are using for your stores.

NOTE : Most of the standard sales item types are available (like 2001,2101,2301,2801etc) with an assignment with standard profile type 0001 and it is copied to the specific profile type,however if you want a new one to be defined you can do so.

Hope it helps

Rgds,

Aram.

0 Kudos

Hi Aram,

Thanks, I can see where the sales item type can be defined in posdw.

I am failry new at this, I am not sure where this value is coming from. Is this coming from Store.

If yes, where these Sales Types are defined?

Thanks Again for your help.

Rahim

0 Kudos

Hi Rahim,

Since you are getting "unknown Sales Item Type" for a particular sales item,you need to do following:

1 Define the sales item type for the profile you are using in POSDM IMG.

2 Find out the sales item type generated at POS from pos tlog

2. Map the sales item type defined in posdm to the value found in tlog(this mapping will be done in whatever converting technology u r using,ifyou are using XI this will be done in value mapping in XI).

Hope this helps..

Sidharth

0 Kudos

Rahim

Based on the 'transaction types' in POS, XI will send the sales item type to POS DM. For example, the header record in POS has the valid transaction types like Sales, returns, returns w/o reciept etc and once the transaction log is sent to XI, these types based on the mapping will be sent as 2001, 2801 etc to POS DM. Two possible things to check - 1) does the store profile which you are using has all these transaction types? 2) is XI sending the right transaction type ?

hope this helps

Suhail Shaik

SAP