cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer stock

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

our customer want us to store the goods we sold him recently for an undefined time period for a later shipment.

Means, we use the standard R/3 delivery procedure, but the shipping adress is an internal warehouse (which is not tracked in R/3).

By this, we can bill the customer immediately, but unfortunately the stock of cause is no longer visible in R/3.

Is there a way, how to keep the goods in a special non-valuated stock, but to create the invoice nevertheless.

I thougt about prepayment, but Accounting doesn't like this way.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In two ways, you can achieve this.

1) One is via MM route, you can transfer the stock from unrestricted to customer stock. For this, you need to have a separate storate location to identify customer stock. At any point of time, you can monitor the stock via MB5T.

2) Next approach is via SD where you can consider consignment fillup. Here once the stock are made available in unrestricted, you can do fillup delivery with movement type 631 and raise a proforma so that in MMBE, you can see the stock as "Cust.Consignment". As and when the customer is making payment, you can create a issue order, issue delivery with movement type 633 and commercial invoice.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishesh,

thanks for your idea, I had similar thougths.

But I hoped, there would be a standard procedure for this scenario.

Rather I don't wanna drift too much away from our standard processes.

If someone knows such a standard way (or just an add-on to the standard delivery process), please let me know.

Thanks, Sebastian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If this is going to be just one of its case and if you just want to create an Invoice for the Customer you can do it using the T code FB70 and F-22 (FB00). This wouldnt ask you for an Order/Delivery number like VF01.

Best Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

I understand that you would not like to disturb your standard business process but SAP does not support such a process. As per SAP business process once the billing has been raised the stocks cannot be shown in the system as customer stock.

I would advice you to discuss this solution with your client and try to convince him. If you try to play with the stocks in any other way you might have a problem with the auditors questioning the stock position in your company.

best regards,

Vishesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

In this business scenario, you are creating the delivery in the system and doing the PGI. Once you do a PGI the materials will get reduced from your stock and hence it will be impossible to track the goods.

As a workaround, you can try the following:

1. Create a virtual storage location for the customer in the internal warehouse

2. Create the material master for materials supplied to the customer with UNBW material type & non valuated stock

3. Do GRN of owner supplied materials in the internal warehouse in that storage location

This will help you in identifying all the materials for that customer on the basis of the storage location.

Plese let me know if this solution helps you.

Regards,

Vishesh