Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

s002 info structure values are get doubled

murali127
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In MCTG Report, Some of the sales office Invoice cost and order cost fields are not getting updated, So I have tried OLI7 for orders and OLI9 for Billing documents with version of "000". to update the over all documents.

But unfortunately the data's have updated twice (doubled like incoming orders and Quantity,Values), in particular Sales organization Duplication entries have updated again,

I would like to revert back the same and avoid the dublication entries, Is there any way revert and get the correct data,

Request your timely help is highly appreciated in this critical situation.

Thanks in advance,

Muralidharan S

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muralidharan,

When you execute OLI7 and OLI9 (statistical set up of data for orders and invoices) with version 000, it overwrites all the data in infostructure and rewrites with current state of documents. However if any changes are made to LIS configuration (like update period) since initial updates, the entries made in infostructure before configuration changes will not be overwritten. Please note that this behavoiur will not impact your reporting and values. You may use this infostructure for reporting without any issues

Hope that helps. Please do revert to me if you need further assistance.

Thanks

Murali

murali127
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

Thanks for the reply,

But when we executed the MCTG Report now the values are getting doubled (Incoming Order,Order Cost,Net cost) these fields values are coming doubled the earlier correct value, After updating these two transactions only OLI7 and OLI9, It was happened like this, So i need to avoid these duplication values,

Please is there any way to update the correct order values,

Thanks and Best Regards,

Muralidharan S

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want to restructure data in main version (000), you need to first delete data in the infostructure using OLIX transaction.

Then you restructure data. If you don't follow the right procedure you will get 2 times the same info in the infostructure, exactly what is happening to you.

Regards,

Franck

murali127
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Franck,

You are right this is what happened, But the I tried this OLIX transaction i have used the s002 info structure with version "000" deleted.

Again i went to update the data through OLI9 and OLI7, but incoming orders value and open orders, Orders cost, Orders, are not getting updated,

Please is there any way recover the full details,

Thanks in advance,

Thanks and Best regards,

Muralidharan S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muralidharan,

Of course you can recover the same information as it was updated automatically by the transaction documents.

The trick is to reorganize first the sales order, then the deliveries, then the billing documents, in total 3 reorganization runs.

There is one specific OSS note that details the procedure for Sales Information System Reorganization. You should look for it.

Best Regards,

Franck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muralidharan,

Could you please check if any entries are still lying in S002 after executing OLIX. If you dont have any entries there in S002 after OLIX execution, you may have to check your update rule. If there are any entries still lying in S002 after OLIX execution, that implies some configuration changes were made on S002 after few documents have already updated infostructure.

Please let me know what is the state of S002 after OLIX execution. It is easier guiding you from there.

Thanks

Murali

murali127
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

Yes All the documents got deleted, For specific sales organization i run the same in Quality server, Again i updated through OLI7 and OLI9 (fields are net invocie sales,net cre.mem, Billing documen) these fields have updated, But require the field for incoming orders, order cost and invoice cost these are all not getting updated,

These fields only required for the corporate, This is what am trying now,

Aside to franck,

I am trying to find the OSS note as you informed, meanwhile if you find the no, Please let me know same,

Thanks for in advance,

Thanks and Best Regards,

Muralidharan S

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you dont have any entries there in S002 after OLIX execution, you may have to check your update rule.

I am sorry to say that is not correct.

OLIX in that case is used for deletion of infostructure content.

There will be not entries afterwards, that's the idea.

If there are any entries still lying in S002 after OLIX execution, that implies some configuration changes were made on S002 after few documents have already updated infostructure.

Again, not correct.

If there are any entries in S002 after content deletion through OLIX that means that you did not block correctly your OLTP transaction (VA01, VA02, VF01, etc.), therefore some entries have been registered in the infostructure through online document update.

S002 is a standard infostructure, you can't change it's update rules

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Franck,

I beg to differ with you on this. As I mentioned earlier if any configuration changes (like update period) were made to infostructure after some documents are already updated with earlier configuration, on executing OLIX it deletes entries with current configuration and will not delete earlier entries which were updated with previous configuration. You may please try this out on your sand box to get rid of this confusion.

Thanks

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muralidharan,

If you are working on test box, may I ask you to follow below steps and advice me from time to time how you are getting along.

1. First you run OLIX (delete) for S002 and Version 000 (please ensure no further selections are made). Now please check S002 entries using SE16. If you dont find any entries in, please proceed to step 2 and onwards. If you find any entries with other versions (temperory versions), please delete those versions too. Else if you find entries with version 000 please revert to me.

2. Run OLI7, OLI8 and OLI9 in that order (you may wish schedule background jobs depending on volumes of data) with version 000. If you are running it on production box, you may wish to store the data in temperory versions before copying it to actual version 000. This is done to check the accuracy of data before copying to actual version.

Please try doing this and revert to me in case any issues.

Thanks

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

I usually don't bet, but II think I have the opportunity to earn some goodies

Whenever I have the opportunity, I will check what you say, but I would say that OLIX always deletes all data selected, whatever was the update configuration used to generate the data.

Test example: Update some entries in S002 with a date in version 000, then switch to monthly update and delete all data in table S002 - version 000 using OLIX delete option.

IMHO the S002 info table will have no entry afterwards in version 000 and you say that it will still have the remaining entries for "date period".

Let's see who's right!

Regards,

Franck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Franck,

That was very diplomatic response

I am eagerly waiting to see when you would get an opportunity to test this. I kept watch on this thread, will come back to you once you have tested. Anyways thanks very much for all the wisdom

Cheers

Murali

murali127
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Murali,

I have tried your steps in testing server,

1. First you run OLIX (delete) for S002 and Version 000 (please ensure no further selections are made). Now please check S002 entries using SE16. If you dont find any entries in, please proceed to step 2 and onwards. If you find any entries with other versions (temperory versions), please delete those versions too. Else if you find entries with version 000 please revert to me.

I have delete and update the same as per the above steps

Double the values in sales couloumn stills appearing,

is there any step to avoid this duplicate value,

Thanks in advance,

Thanks and Best Regards,

Muralidharan S

0 Kudos

Dear Murali,

Do i need to change version and update the same in OLI7,8,9

Please guide me or if i enter the duplication document alone and puting for deletion will it delete all the documents(including correct document)

Please clarify the following,

1. In OLI7 what version and run fields to use,

2. In OLI8 what version and run fields to use,

3. In OLI9 what version and run fields to use,

Requires urgen help from our sapients,

Thanks and Best Regards,

Muralidharan S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muralidharan,

We use &(X (temporary versions) only in case we are not updating entire infostructure instead we are updating only for specific sales organization. This will help us in checking the integrity of the data before writing to actual version 000. Hence you can restore existing data while writing new data to infostructure after proper integrity checking.

In case you are totally rewriting data to infostructure, you may go ahead by deleting all the entries in infostructure and using actual version 000 for statistical set up.

While executing OLI7, OLI8 and OLI9, please make sure following slection,

Infostructure to be set up: S002

Save under version: 000

Delete/setup indices: Check (this only improves performance)

No selections in document data restriction box

Control of the set up run: Name as you wish

New Run: Check

Termination date: 02/10/2009

Termination time: anytime

Redetermine update group: Check this if and only if any changes are made in configuration of update groups

Update Documents: Same as above

Block all orders: check this field

No.of tolerated faulty documents: start with 0, if update fails due to faulty docs, increment the number by 10 and execute.

Hope that helps

Cheers

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muralidharan,

We use &(X (temporary versions) only in case we are not updating entire infostructure instead we are updating only for specific sales organization. This will help us in checking the integrity of the data before writing to actual version 000. Hence you can restore existing data while writing new data to infostructure after proper integrity checking.

In case you are totally rewriting data to infostructure, you may go ahead by deleting all the entries in infostructure and using actual version 000 for statistical set up.

While executing OLI7, OLI8 and OLI9, please make sure following slection,

Infostructure to be set up: S002

Save under version: 000

Delete/setup indices: Check (this only improves performance)

No selections in document data restriction box

Control of the set up run: Name as you wish

New Run: Check

Termination date: 02/10/2009

Termination time: anytime

Redetermine update group: Check this if and only if any changes are made in configuration of update groups

Update Documents: Same as above

Block all orders: check this field

No.of tolerated faulty documents: start with 0, if update fails due to faulty docs, increment the number by 10 and execute.

Hope that helps

Cheers

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

I did a test in a development system.

When changing the update period (for example from day to month), I got the message that "all the the data will be deleted" and SAP automatically emptied the infostructure!

Therefore I could not check the specific OLIX behavior that you mentioned.

Let's call it a tie, then!

Regards,

Franck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Franck,

May I know which version of SAP you working on. I recently did the same in ECC6.0 and no data was deleted automatically. Please check your infostructure in SE16, you should still find entries

Hope I am not dragging it too much

Cheers

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

It's OK

Tested on version 4.7.

If you tell me behavior is different on SAP ERP, then I will take note, thank you.

When you run OLIX transaction, do you select a time interval?

I think it might be the reason why all data is not deleted in the selected version.

Regards,

Franck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Franck,

No restrictions were selected in OLIX selection screen. This is the behaviour in ECC6.0, I came to know about this when one of my counterpart messed up with S001 infostructure last year. I had to set up whole data in S001 for couple of years. That was when I came across all possible issues around infostructures.

Thanks for testing it in lower versions. Its news/knowledge for me as well.

Cheers

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

Thanks for the info. The test in 4.7 was not on purpose, that was only a quick check done that I was at a Customer site who has still not migrated to SAP ERP.

In contrary to the general opinion, I think it is good when people something mess up; on the contrary there would be nothing to repair

OK that was just a bad joke, have a nice day / evening / morning depending on your time zone.

Best Regards,

Franck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Franck,

It is evening in my time zone and you too have nice day/evening/night. It was nice being with you and looking forward to meet you again through this forum.

Cheers

Murali

Answers (0)