cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe LiveCycle Designer has encountered a problem and needs to close

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all ,

I am encountering a problem while altering the datasource binding of text field in a PDF, As soon as i try to alter the value bound with the text field , it gives me an error

Adobe LiveCycle Designer has encountered a problem and needs to close

and closes the pdf . I uninstall and reinstalled the Adobe Live Cycle Designer also but it did nt work out

Any kind of suggestions will be welcomed

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please Refer to my last post for the solution

Former Member
0 Kudos

Even if I re-installed Adobe and SAP Logon many times, the problem occured. The other user does not have this problem.

To solve this:

Try deleting all the sap and adobe related folders in the C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_USER\Local Settings\Application Data

I also deleted everything beneath C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_USER\Local Settings\Temp folder (Most probably the adobe folder there is the nasty one for some strange reason. )

former_member191062
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Which version of the designer are you using?

Are you using the latest patch of the Adobe Livecycle Designer?

Please look at the marketplace for the latest patch.

You can find it under:

http://service.sap.com/swdc

>> Download >> Support Packages and Patches >> Support Packages and Patches - Entry by Application Group

Here:

SAP NetWeaver >> SAP NETWEAVER >> SAP NETWEAVER 7.0 >> Entry by Component >> Frontend >>

ADOBE LIVECYCLE DESIGNER 8.0 or ADOBE LIVECYCLE DESIGNER 7.1

and # OS independent.

Best regatrds,

Dezso

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

Thanks for the reply but i do not think its a problem due to the wrong patch level or so . The things were working fine few hours before and I encountered this error much later . So is there a possibility that there may be some other cause behind it

Edited by: Smriti_techno on Oct 1, 2009 6:16 AM

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you using ALD 8.0? As I have seen this happening in that version sometimes, so try to install ALD 7.1 or the latest one i.e 8.1 version.

Chintan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have installed adobe_v8.1 version and it works fine.

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then login with the Smriti_techno id and close the thread.

Chintan

former_member191062
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I still would recommend to use the latest patch level. This error can occure due to some .dll version changed, that was imported with Windows patch or other application installation.

Best regards,

Dezso

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

The problem got resolved , The Adobe Live Cycle Designer is working fine in the other user profile.It seems like the user profile was corrupted

thanks a lot for your replies

Smriti