cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transaction running slow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please dont consider this as a interview question. We are a hvaing a performance issue. When we are executing /cockpit/1 t code in development and prodution the tcode is running fine. How do i troubleshoot. The stats in ST03 are not displayed.i don know what to do. can anybody give pointers .Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The stats in ST03 are not displayed

Is job SAP_COLLECTOR _FOR _PERFMONITOR or RSCOLL00 sheduled?...

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

executed the program RSCOLL00 but still the job SAP_COLLECTOR _FOR _PERFMONITOR is not triggered.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to schedule the job as per SAP Note 16083 - Standard jobs, reorganization jobs

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Juan,

Thanks for the instant reply.But what should i do about the t code running slow.Thanks in advance .

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to be able to analize the problem to understand the reason... you can do an SQL Trace via ST05 to see what statements are taking so long and check if the indexes are set correctly.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

IS update statistics are scheduled daily or atleast weekly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First check if it is a custom transaction or standard transaction. If it is custom transaction check if any new changes done to the corresponding program, do a single transaction analysis ST12 and check the execution plan for that program. Take help of ABAPer to optimizing the code, other than execution plan check CPU usage and other things, most of the issues can optimized with the code corrections. If it is standard Tcode check SAP Notes for any performance issues with that particular transaction code.

Regards

KVR

Former Member
0 Kudos

wHAT Analysis can be done in st12? I have checked the tcode but not really understading how to check the results.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Check in ST03n & then check transaction profile & hence you can check all the times taken for dialogue to this particular tcode.

This will give you idea what all reports executed in this tcode & where exactly the issue is.

Thanks..

mohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pasted the logs of the ST12 trace .

Trace Information:

Start Date: 01.10.2009 Start Time: 10:24:29 Application User: E20003541

User Comment:

Trace Content: ATRA SQL ENQ RFC [ Transaction=/COCKPIT/1 ,per call ]

CPU DB System Generation TOTAL

Time(ms 5,944,338- 4,173,082 4,986,586 0 3,215,330

Perc. 185- 130 155 0 100

Gross Time Percentage Function

1,013,029 31.5 ALV LIST DISPLAY

4290826,984 0.0 FRONTEND COMMUNICATION

4294977,384 0.0 USER EXITS / MODIFICATIONS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please help us in this regard.Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could anyone please help in this regard.Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is SAP_COLLECTOR_FOR_PERFMONITOR jon running in client 000 with DDIC user or user with similar authorizations?

Check your OS collector is running fine.

Can you see last minute load in ST03?

Check the note as suggested by Juan for more details.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ambarish,

Goto ST03N and check wait time , database respose time which will give some hint where is the problem.

Thanks

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem is that in st03n none of the data is displayed. I started the job but still none of the data is displayed in t cod.e