cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How NW 2004, NW2004s, NW 7.1 are different?

0 Kudos

Dear SAP Gurus,

I have a query about the difference in features/components/installations in NW 2004, NW2004s, NW 7.1 and NW 7.2(if any).

How all these versions are integrated with different ERP insallations like ECC 5 or ECC 6? If some one has to install a version of each of them with IDES, how typical the set up would be. Lets say one instance on each one of them with IDES.

If any one can put some light on that, it would be great. Though I was trying to explore the forum for an elaborative answer to this, but couldn't find one.

All responses are highly appreciated..

Regards

VG

Edited by: Vaibhav Gupta on Sep 30, 2009 4:43 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Usefull Information

former_member181887
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Giles,

SAP NetWeaver 2004s (NW2004s) was renamed to SAP NetWeaver 7.0 a couple of years ago.

As mentioned in the other post SAP NetWeaver 7.0 is the basis for the underlying technology platform the latest versions of the SAP ERP, CRM, SRM, etc applications

There are also enhancement packages for the SAP NetWeaver 7.0 release (they are major bundle releases on new functionality for existing releases of the platform). The enhancement packages are noted in the release number as 7.0.x (i.e. 7.0.1 is 7.0 enhancement package 1, and 7.0.2 is 7.0 enhancement package 2 and so on)

For some of the SAP NetWeaver components there were new major releases shipped in addition to the older 7.0 version;

SAP NetWeaver Process Integration 7.1

SAP NetWeaver Composition Environment 7.1 (SAP NetWeaver AS Java 7.1)

SAP NetWeaver Mobile 7.1

These components have represent major changes over the 7.0 version and these changes were too fundamental to ship them as enhancement packages.

And soon there will be additional new major shipments of some of SAP NetWeaver components;

SAP NetWeaver Composition Environment 7.2

SAP NetWeaver Business Warehouse 7.2 (there was no 7.1 release of BW as we wanted to keep release numbers in synch)

I hope this helps,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

LO,

NW04 is an old version.

The business suite (ERP 6.0 , SCM 7.0, SRM 7.0 ,CRM 7.0...) is working on AS ABAP (and java) 7.0 or 7.0.1. (it includes IDES systems).

7.1 and 7.2 in the future are for NetWeaver product only (MDM, PI, Portal, CE, Mobile, Identity Management...)

NetWeaver product are designed to work with the Business Suite. There is still NetWeaver 7.0 products (portal).

Hope it helps.

Regards, Gilles.