cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variable Selections in BEx Query Variants

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to save a variant for a BEx query that uses a floating date range. I want the date range to move with the calendar. I r/3 this is done with the variable selection. In BW 3.5, I don't see how this is possible. I only see options for TVARVC which are user exit selections. Can someone point me in the right direction.

Regards,

Kevin B

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the help. I guess since you suggested this option there is no functionality in BW like R/3 to do dynamic selection of +/- X workdays during variant create? This seems like a more complicate approach and not as useful to end users that might want to control the range in a more personalized fashion.

Or are you saying that if I create this variable and coding I will be able to make the selection dynamic at variant save time. Sorry for the blanket question, but I am relatively new to this.

Regards.

Kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin

Your requirment is that date range should move with calendar (ex. In first week , the date range should be from 1 to 7 of the current month & in second week the date range should be from 1 to 15 of current month) ...if it is like this then you can go ahead with - create a variable and do the coding with sydatum (system date ) and embed the required logic. But if your requirement is completely random then you can not use this.

Hope this helps

Regards

Pradip

(Rewarding points is the way of saying thanks on SDN !!)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kevin

Create a variable for date Info object with Customer exit path . write the code in customer exit for variables and you are set.

Hope this helps

Regards

Pradip