cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Price is not revisited when SC Qty is changed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

We have a business scenario where in Qty based price scales are maintained in MDM catalogue for eg. Product A

Qty 1 Price 1000

Qty 10 Price 100

Qty 100 Price 10

Qty 1000 Price 1

Shopper selects Product A from catalogue with Qty 100, price 10 is correctly derived. Now since the Qty field is changeable in shopping Cart shopper changes the qty from 100 to 10 the SC price is not reflected as per the price scale maintained in catalogue from 10 to 100, instead SC is saved with price 10, which seems to be incorrect.

Expected functionality is when qty is changed in shopping cart the price should be reflected from catalogue.

Is this a functionality or are we missing any configuration or BADI which need to be activated?

Thanking you

Sandeep

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

I think this is the correct behavior. As per my understanding, Quantity field of shopping cart is not at all related to MDM's quantity field. If you have maintained 4 different prices for a particular catalog item say

Qty 1 Price 1000

Qty 10 Price 100

Qty 100 Price 10

Qty 1000 Price 1

Now if you have selected 3 one i.e. Qty 100 Price 10 and changed the shopping cart quantity field for this catalog item to 10 that means you are purchasing 10 sets of Qty 100 Price 10 item. In such case your total price would be 100.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Masa, Tamas & Jitesh,

We got response from SAP stating limitation, when Qty is changes there is no call to catalogue to refresh price as per scales.

Yes as recommended we have following options

1. Go for Contract with price scales

2. Use Doc Check Badi to refresh price from Catalogue

3. Grey out Qty field if item is picked from Catalogue, any change in Qty can be carried out in catalogue itself.

Thanks all of you and sorry for the delay in response.

Regards,

Sandeep Parab

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

there should a OCI call after QTY change to validate the price range.