cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer of existing DMS documents from CS to 3rd party storage system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

My question is related to transferring existing DMS documents from Content Server (CS connected to legacy SAP) to 3rd party storage system (to be connected to new SAP system).

I've seen some threads here where specific SAP programs have been mentioned. But I assume they are only for transferring documents from one content repository to another within one Content Server.

Does anybody have any experience of transferring DMS documents from CS to 3rd party storage system? How are document links to business objects maintained in transfer? Any experience of use of IBM CommonStore / Content Manager in this kind of case?

Thanks for your answers in advance!

Best Regards, JV

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JV,

You can use report DMS_RELOCATE_CONTENT to another storage location. First you have to add the external storage system to your SAP system in SM59 (with HTTP access). Then define a new content repository in OAC0 (storage type HTTP content server) and connect the HTTP Content Server, activate and test connection. After that create a new content category in OACT and link it to the new content repository. Now run the report with the correct content category as new storage category and RFC destination.

regards, Erwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JV,

Can you please tell your experience on this program DMS_RELOCATE_CONTENT?

I have to relocate my DMS documents from SAP Content server to IXOS so please help in configuration step and precautions to be maintained.

-Thanks,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

Haven't tried this yet, but will do so soon. So, if anybody else has some good advices related to this, please let us know.

Thanks and regards, JV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JV/ Erwin,

Can you please guide in migrating DMS documents from SAP Content Server to IXOS.

SAP Content server is connected with File system as storage unit. Now I have to take copy of content server and connect to Dev & Quality SAP system and later test migrating documents from SAP Content server to IXOS.

My Question: What is the procedure to take copy of SAP Content server have File system connected to it.

-Thanks,

Ajay