cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interactive Forms : negative points ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have to make a little presentation on Interactive Forms. I've found a lot of advantages, espacially comparing SmartForms.

I would like to know, according to your experience of implementing this technology, what are the negative points ?

Cost for customer (Adobe licence) ?

Difficulties to develop due to more complex technology ?

Have you met some difficulties while implementing Interactive Forms ?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The main is the business issue, for my customers the adobe forms are just too expensive (i mean interactive ones for many users). There are some more problems about the development:

a) scripting in forms is sometimes not working the way you would expect

b) scripting cannot be debugged the way you would like to, regarding the other languages (like ABAP, Java etc.)

c) scripting is very slow

d) large forms are very slow

e) when using adobe forms in WD, you pay twice - for the portal and for the adobe licence

f) there is no really useful syntax (working state) check, you can easily transport not working state of form app, because it is still working using cache (old version), working for few situations and not working for the others (some data values cause problems) etc.

g) sometimes there are problems with fonts

h) you need to check too many things when looking for an error (abap coding, data vaues, data transfer, form structure, field bindings, scripting etc.)

and many more...

but to be honest, I am an Adobe forms consultant (fulltime), and this technology is just GREAT