SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration of object PARTNER - BP_TIME_DEPENDENCY

former_member181967
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

As I'm trying to run the object PARTNER I get a system dump with the message "R11349 'Data set XXX for BP XXX maintained time-dependently,despite inact.time dep.'."

I also know that activating this time dependency in SPRO the problem is solved, but as requirements of the system client for some processes the time dependency activation for BP is not allowed.

Does anyone know how to skip this situation when running the migration for the object PARTNER ???

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

JMMatos

7 REPLIES 7

friedrich_keller
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello JMMatos,

Please read the SAP Note 810634 for further explanations about the time-dependancy.

Which values are you transferring for the subobjects that are configured as not being time-dependant? Spaces? Or 'real' values like 00010101 and 99991231? IMHO, you must transfer spaces or initial values like 00000000.

In table TB056 you can check, for which subobjects time dependancy has been activated.

Kind regards,

Fritz

0 Kudos

Hi Fritz,

As you said, I've already read some notes regarding this matter as well the note 810634.

Regarding my object PARTNER I've change the values for the fields ADDR_DATE_FROM and ADDR_DATE_TO in the structure BUT020, to empty values and it seems to be good, as well the partner as been created so far.

So, thanks for your help.

Regards,

JMMatos

0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are not using time dependency for BP then just delete the fields ADDR_DATE_FROM and ADDR_DATE_TO from EMIGALL, it will work.

Regards,

Suraj

0 Kudos

Suraj,

I assume that you mean with 'deleting' that you want to remove or clear the 'generation' flag of these fields, right? ;o) The consequence is that an initial value (= 00000000 for dates) is transferred in the auto data.

Please mind, that the time dependancy can be (de-)activated in general on BP level but separately also on its subobjects like addresses.

Kind regards,

Fritz

0 Kudos

Hi Fritz,

As per my comment by deleting means this field is not required for migration i.e. by selecting the check box No mig. Field

I think if we delete the fields then while migration the address start date will be defaulted to system date or current date and end date will be 31.12.9999

Correct me if I am wrong.

Cheers,

Suraj

0 Kudos

Suraj,

I do not recommend using the field No.Mig.Field to 'delete' the field. It is enough not to mark this field as 'generated'. Simply change the field rule to Initial. The No.Mig.Field sign is set by SAP to indicate that you can't use the field for data migration. Of course, in the end the result is the same: you are not transferring any value and leave it to the ISMW to transfer an initial value that is '00000000' for date fields (with a length of 8 char). The application may change this value if necessary during the processing of the auto data.

Kind regards,

Fritz

0 Kudos

Thanks Fritz.

I will not use the field "No.Mig.Field" to 'delete' the field.

Cheers,

Suraj