Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

DD_DOMA_GET" not released for 'remote' calls : Advice required

Hi,

This is one of the common messages that I(and many SDN'ers) received when I tried to deploy my application in WAS SP12.

I read the messages and it was quite obvious, that DD_DOMA_GET needs to be RFC enabled and this would work fine.

However, I also noticed a colleague of mine who could deploy applications without receiving this error. He has a model in his program and he tries to execute the function module as well in his Web Dynpro program and had absolutely no issues.

When I tried, I received the above error, constantly. I compared his program and mine and found a subtle difference. The view controller - context attributes were structurally bound in my case, and in his case, he used standard types as string, boolean etc... Therefore, I concluded that every time my application tries to execute, it sees a com.xx.app.type.ModelField for a view - context attribute , it uses the JCo Destination WD_RFC_METADATA_DEST and calls function module DD_DOMA_GET. It fetches the type and length of the field. In this case, DD_DOMA_GET is not RFC-enabled and therefore returns with an exception.

My question is : is this workaround i.e. to not use structure binding for context attributes of a view and use simple fields like string, boolean etc. beneficial ? What are the drawbacks of this workaround ?

Best Regards,

Subramanian V.

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question