cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get data from a chart to a table

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

i am consuming data from a query to bar chart . when I click on particular bar only the data of that bar should be displayed in table insteard of all values of the chart.pls tell me the way to achieve it

thanks in advance

kiran

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Follow the steps -

1. Drag 1 line from output of the chart & connect it to input of another data service (one more data service for same query)

2. in the connecting line event type will be 'Select'

3. Select the field which is on the category axis of the chart.

4. assign this field in the connector.

5. Drag output table from the new query.

This will work as drill down.

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

As u said , i connected the output of chart to input of dataservice(query),

in the connecting line i selected event as "select"

but i didnt get how to select the field and assign to connector.where can i find this Connector option.

new query means is the query which i used to retrive the data to chart or is it something different?

As i am new to VC,can u explain me in detail?

Thanks

kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Connector is not separate option. Where you have selected event type as 'Select' there only you will get this.

Just go below in the same screen you will get list of fields which you can set as input. Besides each field there is column as assigned value, there you select the field which you are passing from the chart. Then you will get drill down

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

i followed the steps u mentioned above.The output of chart hasbeen given to input of the query and i assigned the value and then the output port of quert is given to the table.

i am getting the following error when i click on the bar of a chart "variable expected interval value"

Regards

kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

It means you are using mandetory variable in that query. Now do one thing, create one more variable in the query for the field which you want to select in the chart. Now again create whole model & now this time join the output of the chart to next query through 'Variable' port. Then again assign the required fields & theen check. Your error will get resolved.

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

now i am able to get the values frm the chart.

Thank u very much.I am rewarding points to u.

Can u pls provide me few links for VC tutorials and samples?

Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check the link below you will get lots of information here -

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/VC/VisualComposer7.0

Regards

Sandeep

Answers (0)