Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Electronic Account Statement - Automotic posting to clear open item

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Apparently, I wish to do an automatic posting procedure to clear open item. Nevertheless, I still encounter problem to clear open item. Here are the steps on what I've done so far:-

1) First, I retrieve the text file (.txt) from bank in multicash format.

2) Upload the above text file into SAP via FF.5 as of Bank Statement Posting, in order to select the correct Account for open item clearance.

3) Access to SM35 to monitor the overall process of Automatic Posting. Select appropriate batch input and hit 'Process' button from Application Toolbar.

4) SM35 direct me to FB05 (SAPMF05A), which is "Post with Clearing:Header Data" screen. I could see the <b>'Clearing Text'</b> field is with parameter "C01?20145003 CHQ". I press "Enter" key to proceed, it directs me to "Post with Clearing: Add G/L account item" page, where I could see <b>'Assignment'</b> field filled with '145003' (which is the correct account I want to clear), and <b>'Text'</b> field piled up with "C01?20145003 CHQ".

5) I proceed again by pressing "Enter" key and reach "Post with Clearing: Enter selection criteria" screen. At the Batch Input Selection table, there is only one record, where <b>"Field"</b> piled with 'ZUONR', <b>"Lower limit"</b> with '0120145003', and <b>"Upper limit"</b> with empty field.

6) According to my FICO consultant, the Lower Limit should be indicated with Account to be cleared, which is 145003, not 0120145003.

7) However, based on the upload text at Step 1, I found there is a line with:

:86:C01?20145003

where C01 = Cheque (Check), 20 = Note to payee, 145003 = Account to be cleared.

I'm not quite sure why 0120145003 is appeared but not 145003, and, therefore, posting terminated at Step 6 with Warning message: 'No open items were found'.

I have looked into User Exit FEB00001 and FEB00004, but I'm not sure what has to done with those user exits. I would really appreciate if someone can help me out on this as this is quite urgent to me.

Thanks and cheers,

Patrick

p/s: Reward points guaranteed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

It seems your BDC program for FB05 is identifying account # wrongly as 0120145003 instead of 145003.Could you debug this program by running it in foreground instead of SM35 tcode and see what value its picking while data upload from text file. I think you will get idea from there.

Cheers,

Vikram

Pls reward helpful replies!!

15 REPLIES 15

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all, anyone knows of this?

Thanks.

Patrick

0 Kudos

Hi all,

Any idea on this?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, it looks like it may be problem with either the input file or the program that creates the BDC. The program seems to be putting '0120145003' instead of '145003' into this field.

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

It seems your BDC program for FB05 is identifying account # wrongly as 0120145003 instead of 145003.Could you debug this program by running it in foreground instead of SM35 tcode and see what value its picking while data upload from text file. I think you will get idea from there.

Cheers,

Vikram

Pls reward helpful replies!!

0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

Thanks for your reply. Appreciate a lot. However, besides of running foreground to tackle the error, do you have any other alternative to rectify the problem? Can you show me in steps (if any)?

Appreciate a lot.

Many thanks.

Patrick

0 Kudos

I would debug the program that creates the batch input session to see why and how it is getting the wrong account. Without the file or program, there's not much more we can tell you.

Rob

0 Kudos

Hi all,

Apparently, the user has changed the requirement, which is the open item has to be cleared using Document Number, therefore, my upload file (SWIFT-MT 940 standard) looks like below:

:20:CPBK0290142572

:25:7171/0290142572

:28:00044/001

:60F:C060415SGD30000,00

:61:0604011005C1450,00NC01//CHQ

:86:C01?20?1500000002?145001

:62F:C060401SGD30000,00

At line :86:C01?20?1500000002?145001

1500000002 = Document Number (BELNR)

145001 = Cheque Number (ZUONR)

However, when I run Transaction FF.5 and put a breakpoint in user exit FEB00001, the system extract '0120150000000' with missing '2' at the back (suppose it should extract '01201500000002'). Kindly advise on the code below of User Exit FEB00001 <i>(Please note that '0120150000000' has been suppress to '150000000' in order to extract the document number only)</i>:

----

• INCLUDE ZXF01U01 *

----

• Eliminate first four characters from SELVON field.

• From ‘01201500000002’ to ‘1500000002’.

read table t_febcl index 1.

shift t_febcl-selvon by 4 places.

condense t_febcl-selvon no-gaps.

modify t_febcl index 1.

The second issue, I need cheque number ‘145002’ to be extracted from the upload file above, so that cheque number can be allocated into Table BSEG-ZUONR. However, the system just extracted '0120150000000'(Document Number) during transaction FF.5 process. Plus, the user exit didn't contain any table of BSEG, I'm not quite sure how it gonna update cheque number into BSEG-ZUONR.

Please advise and appreciate any suggestion.

Many thanks.

Cheers,

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

I think once this user exit updates the document # and check # in FEBKO and FEBEP table, then transaction FB05 is called by the the program RFEBBU00 and in function POSTING_INTERFACE_DOCUMENT, relevant FI tables are updated. Try to update BELNR and ZUONR in FEBEP table.

Cheers,

Vikram

Please reward for helpful replies!!

0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

I've solved the problem by doing some configuration in SPRO, and apply some changes on User Exit FEB00001.

Thanks.

Patrick

0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have this requirement of accommodating automatic transfer of liabilities between 2 different company codes via transaction FF_5.I am also getting MT940 format input file.Please suggest if this exit FEB00001 can be used for this purpose?

Please provide help on this....

Thanx in advance...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

We are facing the same problem. Can you please let me know how this has been solved.

We have enhanced the user exit FEB00001, in GL Account master we have selected 'Open Item management' & 'line item display' & also in SPRO ,IMG\Financial accounting\GL accounting\Open Item clearing\Clearing differences\Define Tolerance groups for GL Accounts, I have defined Tolerance Groups for GL Accounts but still during EBS upload, the documents are not getting cleared instead user needs to clear the documents using F-03.

The code we have put in the user exit is as per SAP Note 24281.

Rgds

Rajendra

0 Kudos

Hi Rajendra,

For your interest, I've solved the issue by configuring the FI module, here is the path:

IMG -> Financial Accounting -> Bank Accounting -> Business Transaction -> Payment Transactions -> Electronic Bank Statement -> Define Search String for Electronic Bank Statement

This is to define the Search String and your Mapping value. In this case, I would need to capture document number (BSEG-BELNR), thus, I will have to setting up the offset of the string.

Upon configured the above, I will apply the following enhancement code as per below:

----

• INCLUDE ZXF01U01 *

----

• (Clearing Open Items using BELNR - Document Number)

• Insert 'BELNR' into T_FEBCL-SELFD at all time

• Change the value of T_FEBCL-SELVON to Doc. Number

DATA: v_docno(30) TYPE c.

• Retrieve Document Number from T_FEBRE.

READ TABLE t_febre INDEX 1.

v_docno = t_febre-vwezw+7(10).

• Change value on SELFD and SELVON.

READ TABLE t_febcl INDEX 1.

t_febcl-selfd = 'BELNR'.

t_febcl-selvon = v_docno.

MODIFY t_febcl INDEX 1.

• ---------------- End of Change ---------------------------

Hope the above helps.

Cheers,

Patrick

0 Kudos

Hai

I am facing same problem , how will configure Search String for Electronic Bank Statement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi patric.

Please help me in the mt940 upload using transaction ff_5.

i am getting all the items except cheque number.

please help me how i can get the cheque number in the output of the report.

where the cheque number i should pass in mt940 formt.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi patric.

Please help me in the mt940 upload using transaction ff_5.

i am getting all the items except cheque number.

please help me how i can get the cheque number in the output of the report.

where the cheque number i should pass in mt940 formt.