cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP w/SSL ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

My client need to send and receive the data from Bank systems thorugh FTP over SSH, but they are not ready to buy any third party adapter or any tool to use FTP over SSH as PI doent support FTPS.so i used shell script to send and receive data, but bank is not happy with shell script.

Now client is implementing Proxy server and PI need to send or receive the data using FTP w/ SSL through Proxy server which will be very secure connection for bank details.

to do this scenario , just we need to know the FTP details like:

1) FTP server IP address

2) Port

3) File path and File name

4) If client is providing the certificate then as my earlier mail we need to install or deploy the certificate.

5) Login ID and Password for FTP server.

Other then this do we need any other details......... Please let me know as they are using secure proxy server connetion.

Thanks and regards,

Chinna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. sFTP isnt supported but FTPS is supported and in your case since you are using certificates for the security it is FTPS option that you need

2. The configuration is very simple - just get your certificate from the client and upload the same to the TrsutedCAs keystore

3. Use the security option in the File adpater for FTP (connection security option in the adapter)

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>FTP over SSH as PI doent support FTPS

PI support FTPS . It si SFTP that PI doent support

>>Now client is implementing Proxy server and PI need to send or receive the data using FTP w/ SSL through Proxy server which will be very secure connection for bank details.

Is it like XI> Proxy server> Bank, and from XI to Proxy server you have FTP connection? and you wan this connectivity to be secure? You question was not clear enough.

As i understood you shoudl have a FTP server in the Proxymachine and PI's FTP adapter will access it through FTP mode. So all these details (FTP server IP address, Port, File path and File name,etc ) will be of the FTP server (which is in the Proxy box)

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi suraj,

your understanding is correct.

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this blog it will give you more idea

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs;jsessionid=%28J2EE3417600%29ID0802704450DB0007723325786448049...

then if you have any doubts post it here.

Regards

Suraj