Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target system details in SM59

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I really need your help for the following:

I am setting up an RFC destination in SM59 to communicate with an EDI server (Gentran).

The details of the configuration are:

- Connection type is: TCP/IP

- Activation type is: Registered server program

When I try to enter information for the Target system in: Extras> System Information> Target System

I get the error:

ERROR when opening an RFC Connection.

How do we enter detials for the target system??ajiv

Thanks,

Rajiv

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

the error states that your target system cannot be reached. check whether the registered server program is running on the target system. check in ST11 for errors in the dev* traces. it might also pay to (temporarily) uppen the trace level in order to get more information into the dev*file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mylene,

When i go to Extras->System Information-> Target System

The target info is wrong .How do i change it?

Thanks,

Rajiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

by changing the registered server program or the parameters for that. the information you see on that dynpro are not generated in SAP but 'read' from the target system, so everything you can do about it has to be done on the target system. check that registered serverprogram again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mylene,

Thanks for the reply.Where exactly do i need to go to change the parameters of the registered program?

Regards,

Rajiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

that's difficult for me to answer, since i don't know about Gentran ...

i have been googling for it and it seems to be: http://www.sterlingcommerce.com/products/integration/gentran/ so do you have access to the company/consultant that set up that product in your company? surely they know the program as well as its parameters and/or have some documentation on that availble. see, whether your can contact them.

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry it is not gentran it is GIS

Former Member
0 Kudos

be that as it may it still is a 3rd party product, so in this case you might want to contact your consultant with esri ...

on the other hand, have you tried connecting to it? does the connection work properly? can you transfer data? do any errors show up - either in ST11 or SM21?

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Issue is resolved

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi RAjiv,

Can you share what exact error you are getting in SM59.

need to understand is that a gateway error.

Thanks,

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the rfc works fine.There is no error.

When we go to extras->system info->target system, it shows the sap system itself rather than the GIS system.

We need t change that.

Regards,

Visshwas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

please do what Olivier advised ... check in SMGW whether your external RFC has already registered.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mylene,

When i go to SMGW, i do see the program but the host shows as sap host instead of target host.

The connection works from GIS to sap but not SAP--->GIS

Regards,

Rajiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It seems that you only see the connection from GIS to SAP in SMGW.

That would mean that your RFC TCP/IP destination is wrong and/or your GIS system is not registered at the SAP gateway.

Check with the GIS team if they have used the correct connection information.

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajivk,

when you double-click on the line in SMGW where you can locate the name of the program, there should be two lines like this:

LOCAL = XX.XXX.XXX.XX:NNNN where X* = ip-address of your SAP-server and N* port on your SAP-server

REMOTE = YY.YYY.YYY.YY:MMM; where Y* = ip-address of your GIS-server and M* port on your GIS-server

if i understand your problem correctly, there should be the same ip-address and Port in both lines. is that so? if yes, can you check your services file in OS whether there is an entry with sapgw* NNNN/tcp and MMMM/tcp?

if that turns out ok. i have no futher idea. you should really check with your GIS consultants on the setup and connection information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am also facing the same problem in the EDI RFC connections. I am not able to see the correct details in the "Target System" information. Please help me out on this issue.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The issue was resolved after the details of the SAP system were given in the Gentran server.

Regards,

Rajiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mylene,

I am facing the similar kind of issue.

When the 3rd party server use hostname to connect with SAP, the SMGW info for LOCAL and REMOTE will be correct local for SAP and remote for 3rd party server the target server details in RFC is pointing to 3rd party server,

When they use the DNS name. The LOCAL and REMOTE field for the TP is showing /tmp/ .sapstream3300. The target system details in RFC is showing the same SAP server details instead of 3rd party server.

The hostname and DNS both resolves to same IP.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajiv,

What details of SAP system were updated in 3rd party server?

Facing similar issue.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please make sure that you have maintained the name of the program id similar to the one in EDI server. Also make sure that the program is running in EDI server and then try to create the RFC destination in SAP.

Hope this will resolve your issue.

Regards,

Varadhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are basically trying to connect between the quality system to the the Quality GIS server.

Are they any specific steps to be perfomed for the tcp/ip rfc to work between the two.

When the we check the specific rfc, the target system info points the sap quality system itself instead of the GIS quality .

Please guide.

Thanks,

Rajiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to check if your external RFC server is already registered in your SAP system.

For this, use transaction SMGW --> Goto --> Logged on Clients

If you see a line from the external server, the TP Name is the one to use in the "Program Id" field when defining your RFC destination.

Regards,

Olivier