Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem in BAPI_PR_CHANGE

former_member355937
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I can already change a PR document through <b>BAPI_PR_CHANGE</b> however, I could not create a new entries for its line item.

How do I go about it?

Thanks,

Jeffrey

6 REPLIES 6

ferry_lianto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jeffrey,

You may need to set some flag for a particular field of the structure PRITEM when you are creating new item.

GOTO - BAPI Transaction - Select - BAPI_PR_CHANGE - And read the documentation for PRITEM structure(method). Generally SAP provide some comments here if there is any special handling required.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Ferry Lianto

Please reward points if helpful.

0 Kudos

Hi Ferry,

Based on the documentation I read, this bapi cannot create new items this only supports chanigng of already existing items. Is there a bapi for this?

Thanks,

Jeffrey

ferry_lianto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jeffrey,

Please try this BAPI.

<b>BAPI_REQUISITION_CHANGE</b>

and add this <b>BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT</b> at the end.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Ferry Lianto

0 Kudos

Hello Ferry,

Same thing, you cannot create a new line item for this bapi based on the documentation i read.

Thanks,

Jeffrey

ferry_lianto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jeffrey,

It seems you need to use BDC instead BAPI to add new entry to PR.

Before you move forward, please check this BADI <b>ME_PROCESS_PO</b>.

Again, hope this will help.

Regards,

Ferry Lianto

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've read some contradicting posts regarding bapi: BAPI_PR_CHANGE. I was under the impression you could add line items to a PR using this BAPI? Can it be said for certain it can not be done? The documentation is rather lacking.

Thanks!

Enrique Leon