cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forgot password option in webdynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I want to provide Forgot password option in all Webdynpro apllications created. So that users who give the URL in the browser,

they should have fields like date of birth and mail id as questions. If they provide these values , they can be able to change their password. How can I achieve this feature.Please give me some solution with detailed explanation for this scenario.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is the LOGIN page forUser credentials is designed by you in all applications and also provided some questions for security at the time of registration for User amd might have stored it to database table.

If this designed, then provide a

LinkToAction UI element and implement an action for it for FORGOT PASSWORD.

On this action handler, write the code to trigger another view to provide the

Questions. and asnwers,

For this view, Have one dropdownby Index or ListBox and fill the data to these and also a Input field with accepts more than 200chars(As per your requirement).

If you want to question to be provided with different questions in dropdown then provide 2dropdowns and 2input fields.

First disbale the Input field by default.

Implement the OnLeadSelect event for this, Based on the question, Enable the Input field for the user to provide the answer.

Have one button, for Validate. On validate, based on the asnwer aleardy sotred inthen Database table throw the error if the anser doesnot match.

Hope this is clear.

Regards,

Lekha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lekha,

I have only System,Client,User(disabled),password(disabled),Language,Logon button and Change password option in my login page.

And it is showing following 2 warnings and a message :

No switch to HTTPS occurred, so it is not secure to send a password

SSO logon not possible; logon tickets not activated on the server

Choose "Logon" to continue A dialog box appears in which you can enter your user and password

Please let me know how I can provide Forgot password in this screen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is this LogOn page is a standard or custom one. Have you deployed this on the Portal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lekha,

It's standard logon page. I don't have idea about deployment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi lekha,

is n't it possible to provide additional options if we use standard login page?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think we cannot enhance the standard logon page.

if this WDA is deployed on Enterprise Portal then for that there is again a logon page for portal. Then we can provide such option.

Have you searched in WD fourm for the enhancement of the Logon page.

Regards,

Lekha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi lekha,

I got an option in SICF to provide forgot option in standrad logon screen. I am trying to use that option and get you back if it works.Thanks for replies.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer this link-

Former Member
0 Kudos

closing thread. I used the same f.module available in SU01 Tcode.

Answers (0)