cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Empty iViews in PLM Business Packages (Enter Asset, Enter Project etc)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are implementing SAP PLM Business Packages 50.3.1 in SAP EP 6.0 SP16 with a SAP 4.7 backend.

We have noticed that certain iViews do not seem to work correctly - they display no entry fields at all. For instance, in the Assets Business Package, the Asset Details Page contains a Choose Asset iView in which you can choose either Functional Location or Equipment. When choosing either of these, the Enter Asset iView should refresh and display the appropriate entry field. ie. either 'Enter Functional Location' or 'Enter Equipment'. Instead, it displays absolutely nothing (ie. the Enter Asset iView remains blank). This problem also occurs for projects in the Projects business package.

Has anybody seen and resolved this behaviour for the PLM business packages?

Any useful thoughts or suggestions will be greatly appreciated and rewarded.

Regards

John Moy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

1. The communication between the iViews use EPCM.

Do you see a javascript error in the status bar?

2. What is the value of the properties <i>component</i> and <i>item</i> in the <i>Enter Asset</i> iView?

3. If you haven't already done so, read the BP documentation:

https://www2.iviewstudio.com/support_content/_7213/BP_PLM_Assets_November_2003_EN.pdf

Especially page 116

(Settings for Administration (Component Loader

and Selector)).

Hope that helps,

Yoav.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for the responses. Thanks to your input, I have solved the problem. Basically, we are working on copied versions of the pages and iViews (ie. copied into our custom folder in PCD). Our users do not have access to the original SAP iViews.

I noticed (after reading the documentation page 116 which you referenced), that for our copy of the component loader, the parameter Java_IView_Directory was still pointing to the standard SAP location, which our users have no access to. This explains why the iViews are blank. When I amend this parameter to point to our custom location, everything works!

Thanks again for your input. Points awarded.

Regards

John Moy

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John

map the administrator user with R3 User and than after check whether the iview is working or not.

regards,

kaushal