cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webdynpro ABAP date navigator dynamic start up date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When i am using a date_navigator for 3 months display the startup date for that i have given has 01.07.2009. So the calendar starts with July to Sep.

But i want to get the first month to be the current month.it is throwing exception when i try to populat the system date in startup date field .

Regards,

Amit Teja V

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi thanks for the reply,

But my point is what needs to be placed in STARTWITH property .Because the date navigator month display depends on the STARTWITH property.Could you please suggest.

Regards,

Amit Teja.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

the STARTWITH property defines the start of the displayed date reange.

its interface is IWDDateNavigator and is of type java.sql.date and can be binded.

also refer to the view DATENAVIGATOR of WDR_TEST_EVENTS

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>its interface is IWDDateNavigator and is of type java.sql.date and can be binded.

I think we are not speaking the same language. That would be for Web Dynpro Java. The property in question in Web Dynpro ABAP expects a Date Field. You have declared an attribute of type sydatum and set its value to sy-datum - then the calendar should begin with the current month. If you did this and got an exception, please post the details of that exception.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI thomas,

Bulls eye,that is what i mean.

When i bind a attribute of type d to startwith it is showing as ER.ND.CALE and when i test this i am getting exception as

The following error text was processed in the system DEV : Exception condition "DATE_INVALID" raised.  

When i click on f4 help for the startwith then it is giving a dump as

Unable to interpret "CALE" as a number. 

Regards,

Amit Teja V

Edited by: AMITTEJA VUTPALA on Oct 1, 2009 1:05 PM

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Are you filling that attribute with a valid date? Have you checked in the debugger? Can you post the code where you populate the attribute?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Thomas,

I have declared in method WDDOINIT.

data : date by d.
date = sy-datum.

Regards,

Amit Teja V

Edited by: AMITTEJA VUTPALA on Oct 3, 2009 1:16 PM

Edited by: AMITTEJA VUTPALA on Oct 5, 2009 11:34 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

bind ur firstselectedday property with context attribute of type D

now in ur method declare one variable lv_date of of type DATS

set its value to SY_DATUM

nw read ur attribute here and set its value to lv_date

refer this help as well

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_NW70EHP1/helpdata/en/81/ab884118aa1709e10000000a155106/content.htm

rgds,

amit

Edited by: amit saini on Sep 30, 2009 8:03 AM