cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full-Init-Delta Loads

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends

I have done full loads into a ODS and then I did Init with no data transfer. But the Message said that the request cannot be activated because the ODS has had full loads and activating INIT and DELTAS is not possible...Any Ideas?

Regards

VISHAL

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwin,

there is a seperare procedure to activate delta mechanism in ODS. After you load the full requests you cannnot run init without making all the full requests to "Reapir full requests".

See SAP Note: 689964

Symptom

You want to switch the upload procedure for an ODS object from full to delta. However, the delta initialization fails with a message indicating that there are already full uploads in the ODS object and therefore inits or deltas cannot be posted or activated.

Other terms

Delta; ODS object: delta initialization, RSM 098, full, Init

Reason and Prerequisites

If a full upload occurs once for an ODS object, you can no longer activate an init for the same DataSource/source system combination in this ODS object. The system does not check for overlapping selection conditions.

Solution

In the case if an ODS object, you can change the upload procedure from full to delta by subsequently marking the full requests that exist in the ODS object for this DataSource/source system combination as repair full requests.

These requests are therefore characterized by the fact that they can be posted into any data targets in any sequence. The repair full requests are never checked in a data target, that is, you can activate initializations and deltas (also with selections) in the ODS object. All ODS objects filled with these full requests behave as if the full requests did not exist in the ODS object.

Checks do not take place in all of these ODS objects.

Note the following:

Since the repair full requests are not checked, duplicate data records may be created or data may disappear if there is a subsequent init.

Since the repair full requests are not checked, you should take account of the extractor behavior, update modes, aggregational behavior of key figures and characteristics, among other things, when you are deciding whether you want to mark the full requests as repair full requests.

If you perform an init simulation after changing to repair full requests, make sure that no data is updated between the last full upload and the first delta upload.

Procedure for changing full requests to repair full requests:

After you import Support Package 19 (3.0B) or Support Package 13 (3.1C), the <b>RSSM_SET_REPAIR_FULL_FLAG report is available which you can use to convert all full requests for a DataSource/source system combination that are in an ODS object into repair full requests.

Before you import this Support Package:

Use transaction SE16 to call the RSSELDONE table.

Here, enter an "x" in the "Repair_Full" field for all full request records that you want to mark as repair full requests.</b>CAUTION: This ONLY concerns those requests that begin with 'REQU_...'. The repair flag CANNOT be set for activation requests that begin with 'ODSR_'.

If the full requests still exist in the PSA, you can also use the scheduler under the 'Scheduler' menu option in the PSA tree (when you post from the PSA) to switch a PSA full request to a repair full request before loading.

If you load new requests with an InfoPackage, you can also assign the repair indicator to this full report.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ashwin,

Follow the below steps to enable delta for your ods

- Run program RSSM_SET_REPAIR_FULL_FLAG and enter the ODS, DataSource and source system and execute.

- Initialise without data transfer.

- Run Delta.

Regards

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

will this process take a long time?...As in my full loads took about 1 month to load all the data till now...so When I run the program you have asked me to...will it take long?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aswin,

The steps will not take very long time to complete.

First try with selecting one full upload request and execute. So that time you can estimate...

Hope this helps.

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwin,

Here it will only set the 'repair full request' flag for all the loaded full requests.

So I agree that it shouldnt take more time.

But did u just say your previous full loads ran for something like..1 month?

cheers,

Vishvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

well I have 18 full loads coming from 3 different Data sources in R/3 3.1i into the ODS. All these 18 full loads took about 1 month.

So when I run this program should I just select all the full loads and all the data sources at one time or should i split it up according to the data sources?

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can provide one data source name at any single time.

When you go to next step the system will display only the full loads that occurred frm that datasource. Select all thee full loads from the list and clik repair full request.

Here you can also split the reequests, if you want to.

Regards

Praveen

Answers (0)