Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Position Based Security to work with Workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

On my current project, they are implementing Workflow, and would like to use Position Based Security. On our Dev box, I tied the roles to the position in PO13, with the B007 relationship, and then ran the pfud hr recon program. We are not using Employees, which I have not done position Security without the employee record to put the 0001 105 IT tied. Do you think this will be possible for us to use position security with workflow with no employee record? Thank you so much.

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes. that works. you can tie the roles directly to the positions and attach users to positions which wiill have the effect that the users 'inherit' the authorizations of the positions. the workflow goes along the same lines as well. in case you have any release-strategy workflows in place, you might have to distinguish positions in the same organizational line by flagging some of them as 'Head of own Organizational Unit' in order to find 'The Boss' ... but there are several RH* standard FM that will do that for you.