Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to call a View Cluster with SM34 for Display only ?

former_member425121
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I have an already constructed View Cluster with its Tables/Views created too. These Tables/Views have in their events (01, 05, etc.) the required code validating the actions create,update,etc. using some authorization object.

I have a transaction to mantain this Cluster, wich simply calls SM34 passing the Cluster (parameter VCLDIR-VCLNAME) and Updating (parameter UPDATE='X').

I need to create anhoter transaction to Only Display this View Cluster, i created a transaction calling SM34 with parameter SHOW = 'X' but however i can modificate or create records; that is, the code at events level with autorization object is still wich determines the actions authorizations.

Is there any way to call SM34 with some View Cluster Only for Display without modificate the events code ?

Thanks in advanced

Frank

4 REPLIES 4

naimesh_patel
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can remove the required authorization from the user's profile so, that he can not make update the table. So, this way your Display transaction works.

I assume that update and display transaction are used by different users.

Regards,

Naimesh

0 Kudos

Hi Naimes

The situation is that the events are programmed for records levels, that is, for example, ehen the user press the 'Update' button the screen shows only the valids records for him, so if whe remove the Update authorization, then when hi press the 'Update' button the screen deletes all the records; and ther need the 'Update' button does not appears or well it sends an error message.

So, i know that i can to modificate the events code; but i like to know is there a way to call SM34 only for display, so the Update/Create/Delete bottons do not apear or well these buttonds send an error message.

Regards

Frank

0 Kudos

Any idea ??

Thanks

Frank

0 Kudos

1) Maintain subroutine BEFORE_INIT for cluster event 01 "After initialization of glob. vars., field symbols, etc."

2) Write below code in subroutine
IF sy-tcode = <display tcode>.
APPEND 'AEND' TO excl_cua_funct.

ENDIF