cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modeling Freezer Capacity constraint

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus -

I am trying to model the requirement described below and would appreciate if some one can guide me.

The Finished Good once it comes out of the packing line needs to go into a Freezer for 24 hours. There is a capacity constraint on the freezer and this drives what can be packaged on the packing lines. The constraint in the freezer is in pallets while we plan for cases on the Packing line.

What is the best way to model this in the system? We are still on APO 4.1.

Based on some earlier posts on this topic, this is what I have tried so far:

I wanted to model the freezer as a storage resource and then go check the capacity situation on the resource and probably generate alerts.

I have created a WC of resource category "Storage". I have assigned a capacity of 6000 pallets. I have now CIF'fed the resource into APO but I am not able to see the available capacity on the storage resource. It still shows 24 hours as the available capacity and the unit of measure is Hours.

Thanks

Varun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi varun,

Steps followed by us are as follows.

1. Define container resource in R/3

2.Tansfer it to APO.

3. Check storage charcteristc indicator in APO manually.

4. Maintain storage capacity related data in APO.

5. in PPM we have assigned component to filling activity and checked product flow indicator.

Let me know its works or not.?

Siddharth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth -

Can you please give me the details below?

1. What Resource Category have you used on your R/3 WC?

2. What Capacity Category have you used on your R/3 WC?

3. Have you CIF'fed the resource as a Multi-mixed resource or a Multi resource?

4. Where did you define that a resource should be CIF'fed over into APO as a Multi-mixed resource or a Multi resource?

Thanks for your help

Varun

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi varun,

We are using resource and not work center.

Resource category is 008

Capacity category is 012

in capacity header data of resource go to tab APO resource set resource type as multimixed.

Resource category as warehouse.

Storage charcteristic tab mention storage dimension, min product quantity and max stock level.

Follow procedure explained. In APO resource category comes as S and it allows to tick us product flow indicator and mention required details.

Checked all settings it is working fine for us.

Regards,

Siddharth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth,

I'm also interested in modeling container resource because my planning constraint is to model silo capacity.

Anyway, it's very helpful of your comments and I need your help a bit more.

1. How can I create "Resource" ? Do you mean "Capacity", T-Code CR11 ? , If "Yes"

2. In T-Code CR11, I maintainted the initial fields with followings as you described ;

Plant : 1000, Capacity : 008, Capacity Category : 012

Is it right ? then,

3. How can I transfer the "Capacity" to APO ? There is no object in T-code CFM1(Integration Model)

Thank you in advance for you help.

Regards,

Lee, Seung Won

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Resource is feature used for process industry Tcode- CRC1.

You can use category 008 for resource and create Integration model by chacking box for work center only.

But it is not necessary to use category 008. you can use it with category 001. only thing is click on APO resource button in capacity header view and mention as resource category as storage resource. also mention storage charcteristic and min max quantity. You will see this resource as storage resource in APO. Though we are not using category 001 and tcode Cr01 we are evaluating as we want map feature for some of discret industry too. we are able to Cif it in APO during testing but we have not yet checked how it works in PPM

Hope this helps.

Siddharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Best way to model such type of resource is define it as Container resource(resource with storage charcteristics). These are not seperate resource types but resouces with storage charcteristics. Steps to be followed are as follows.

1. Define resource in R/3 (normal resource with any category)

2. Transfer it to APO as multi activity or multi mixed resource.

3. In genral data tab page of resource in APO check storage charcteristic indicator.

4. it will branch to storage charcteristics tab define storage charcteristic and stock unit like mass and tonnes.

5. Define max fill quantity,minimum fil quantity, remaining quantity allowed.

6. if you are using feature of PI receipe in R/3 you can transfer product flow indicator also. if you are using normal routing after transfer of PPM product flow indicator can be assigned manually PPM.

In detail schduling board you can see capacity in terms of mass now. capacity consumption will depend on volume, net wt and gross weight defined in product master.

we searched for method to get container resource directly in APO from R/3 but couldnot find solution. I am not sure whether it is possible to integrate storage resource directly from R/3.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Siddharth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth -

Thanks for the reply. I have been working on some of the steps you have listed. I have couple of more questions:

How is the resource( P) with storage characteristics defined in the PPM? Is it in the form of Product Flow feature or just as another operation on this resource?

I tried using the resource ( of type P)with storage characteristics with product flow, but I can only see the resource category of type S in the container resource field in the PPM. The system does not let me assign a resource of type P with storage characeteristics in the product flow.

Please let me know how you have modelled this.

Appreciate your help

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just wanted to give more details on my scenario and see if some one can help me out.

I want to have 2 operations : 1) PACK ( PACKING LINE) 2) FREEZE ( FREEZER) in a PPM.

Tha available capacity for operation 1 should be in hours and the available capacity in operation 2 should be in Mass( or other dimension)

When I create a planned order for lets say 1000 CASES, the system should consume the packing line for a certain number of hours, lets say 8 hours and it should consume 10 Tonnes. When I create an order for 2000, it should consume 16 hours and 20 Tonnes. I want to define a available capacity on the FREEZER as 40 TONNES.

Thanks

Varun

Edited by: Varun Muni on Oct 2, 2009 2:35 AM